There’s nothing like feeling the wind and fresh air against your face as you careen through the countryside. There are a multitude of reasons people who ride motorcycles enjoy them so much. The fun of a motorcycle and the feeling of freedom is unlike any other mode of transportation. Unfortunately, there are a variety of reasons that a motorcyclist can be endangered, especially if they are in a collision with another vehicle. Collisions involving motorcyclists can very quickly up the ante. As a motorcyclist, it’s vital to protect yourself on the road as much as possible. It’s important to note that despite this, no matter the precautions you take, there is still the risk that you may be hit by a negligent driver. The results can be damaging. Contacting an attorney to guide you through the appropriate next steps will be an important part to any motorcycle accident.
Reasons Motorcycle Accidents Are More Severe
Ensuring that you are safely enjoying your motorcycle can make all the difference. Risky behavior can yield damaging outcomes. According to research conducted by the NHTSA, 80% of all motorcycle accidents result in severe injury or fatalities. There are a number of reasons a collision with a motorcycle may be far more severe, for example:
- Motorcyclists do not have anything to protect them from a collision.
- They have a higher likelihood of being thrown from their bike or experiencing direct impact from the car hitting them.
- Because a bike is so much smaller, they can be harder for cars to see, making it easier for a vehicle to unknowingly collide with them.
Despite the risks, many people still choose to ride a motorcycle. Before doing so, make sure that you have educated yourself on the proper safety measures to take when out on the road. If you find that you have been in an accident at the hands of someone else, contact an attorney for their services.
Calling an Attorney
Contacting a motorcycle attorney in the early days following your accident may prove beneficial. The sooner you take action, the better chance you have of gathering everything that is needed to prove your case. An attorney’s services can provide you with not only legal experience but support and empathy that extends far beyond the courtroom. The following are reasons an attorney can be an intricate part to your motorcycle accident:
- You may be feeling fragile following an accident. Allowing an attorney to take the lead can provide you with the ability to relax and recover from your injuries while they take the appropriate legal steps for your case.
- You can feel confident in knowing that you have someone with experience managing your case.
- They can educate you surrounding the legal process and provide you with a plan of action for every step of the way.
- Your attorney may gather the evidence needed to prove your case.
The services of an attorney comes with some expense. However, you are far better off in obtaining the compensation for your accident with an attorney to represent you than if you were to manage this stressful time on your own.
Riding on a motorcycle can be an incredible experience. For motorcycle enthusiasts, there is nothing like the freedom of the open road. This type of activity can come with some level of risk. Unfortunately, motorcyclists are more susceptible of falling victim to collisions with other vehicles. If you have been in an accident and believe that the other driver may be held responsible, speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer Houston, TX trusts about the proper steps to take.
Thank you to our friends and contributors at John K. Zaid & Associates for their knowledge about motorcycle accidents.