Auto Accident Attorney Dekalb County GA
Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. is a respected auto accident attorney Dekalb County GA drivers have turned to for years to represent them. Andrew Lynch is a skilled attorney with many years of experience helping accident victims get the justice they deserve. If you have been injured due to another driver’s negligence, you may be unsure of your legal rights. You may also be wondering what steps you should take next. Call our office today to arrange a free case review to get started. What follows are answers to questions that injury victims commonly have after an auto accident.
If I’m injured in an accident caused by someone else, should I tell the police what happened when they arrive or speak to my attorney first?
It’s important to tell the police officer on scene what happened, but stick to the facts and do not assign blame to anyone or admit guilt in any way. Request a copy of the police report for your auto accident attorney in Dekalb County GA.
Should I get a Dekalb County auto accident attorney right after the accident or can it wait?
Accident scene evidence can degrade quickly and the memories of witnesses can fade over time, so it’s best to get representation immediately. In addition, if you were seriously injured from the accident, a skilled auto accident attorney Dekalb County GA provides may protect your rights. Medical treatment can be extremely costly which means the faster you can recover your damages the better. Andrew R. Lynch may immediately begin the process of filing a claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
What should I do if the at-fault driver’s insurance adjuster calls me?
Legally, you do not have to speak with them. You can politely tell them that you do not wish to speak with them. The concern is that when speaking with the adjuster, you may inadvertently give them information that they can later use against you to deny your claim. Simply provide them with the contact information for your auto accident attorney Dekalb County GA motorists recommended, such as Andrew R. Lynch. He may deal with the insurance company on your behalf. He may also negotiate a settlement on your behalf so that you don’t have to interact with them at all.
Someone from the at-fault insurance company asked me for my medical records. Do I have to turn over that information to them?
No, you do not. At some point, you may have to provide your previous medical information, but only under certain circumstances. It’s very important to consult an experienced auto accident attorney Dekalb County GA offers to know what is or is not legally required of you, and when.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
If you want to get compensation for your injuries, you must file your lawsuit before the deadline. In Georgia, the statute of limitations to file a car accident lawsuit is two years. After that, you no are no longer entitled to compensation. That is why it may be important to speak to an auto accident attorney Dekalb County GA residents trust as soon as possible. He may help you file your lawsuit in a timely manner so that you avoid missing the deadline.
What can I expect during a consultation with an auto accident lawyer?
If you’ve been hurt in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, your first step is to schedule a consultation with an auto accident attorney Dekalb County GA. If you’ve never met with a lawyer before, you may feel nervous and unsure of what to expect. You want the meeting to go as smoothly as possible. If you prepare ahead of time and know what to expect, things will be much easier.
What questions will a personal injury lawyer will ask me?
During the initial consultation with an auto accident attorney in Dekalb County GA, they will want to find out as much information as they can about your case. For example, he may want to know how the accident happened and what types of injuries you suffered. Be sure to answer each question honestly and with as much detail as possible.
While answering some of these questions might make you think about the traumatic event all over again, understand that your auto accident attorney Dekalb County GA is just doing their job. The more details your lawyer has about your case, the better they can help you. Answer the questions honestly with as much detail as possible. Here are some questions your lawyer may ask you:
- When and where did the accident occur?
- How did you feel immediately after the accident?
- Were there other witnesses?
- What types of injuries are you dealing with right now?
- Have you seen a doctor about your injuries? What’s the prognosis?
- Have you talked to any insurance representatives about the accident? Did you give them a recorded statement?
- How much pain and discomfort do you experience on a daily basis?
What documents do I need to bring with me?
To make the initial meeting as efficient as possible, remember to bring all the documents related to your accident with you. This includes medical documents, medical bills, police report and photos of the accident scene. If you recorded detail about the accident in a journal, you’ll want to bring that with you too. Your lawyer will thoroughly review all of these documents and determine if you have a strong case or not.
What questions should I ask a lawyer?
At the end of the consultation, an auto accident attorney Dekalb County GA locals respect may give you an opportunity to ask your own questions. For instance, you may want to find out how many cases similar to yours he has handled in the past and how much compensation you may be entitled to. You may also want to know if your lawyer will be the only lawyer working on your case and whether or not there is anything you can do to help.
Don’t be afraid to ask detailed questions about your lawyer’s skills and experience. If you know more about your lawyer, you’ll be able to determine if they are the right fit. Here are some questions you may want to ask:
- How long have you practiced personal injury law?
- What law school did you graduate from?
- How many cases similar to mine do you deal with every year?
- What is the best way to reach you?
- What are your fees?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses in my case?
If you’ve suffered a personal injury, schedule a meeting with an experienced auto accident attorney in Dekalb County GA. The law office of Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. knows just how devastating it can be to deal with an injury and want to help you get justice.
What damages am I entitled to?
If you were in a car accident that was another person’s fault, you may be entitled to several different damages, including:
- Medical treatments: Whether you had surgery or physical therapy for your injuries, you may be entitled to recover these damages in a lawsuit. If your injuries are severe enough to require future rehabilitation, your auto accident attorney Dekalb County GA residents rely on may also be able to help you recover compensation for that.
- Lost wages: If the injuries you suffered from the car accident have caused you to miss time from work, you may be able to receive compensation for that in your claim.
- Pain and suffering: As a Dekalb auto accident attorney can attest, you may also be entitled to pain and suffering damages. For example, if your injuries have caused you to walk with a limp for the rest of your life, you may receive additional compensation for that.
- Loss of Affection or Companionship: If you are injured in a car accident, it might prevent you from showing affection to your spouse, as an auto accident attorney Dekalb County GA offers can confirm. If this is the case, your spouse must make this claim.
Protect Your Rights
If you have questions about the value of your case or the insurance company is not acting in good faith, contact Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. We may help you file a claim and negotiate a settlement. Give us a call to speak with an auto accident attorney Dekalb County GA residents know they can trust.