Car Accident Lawyer Atlanta GA
In The Event Of A Car Accident.
Car accidents can cause severe, debilitating and permanent injuries. Such injuries very often result in significant financial losses to the individuals involved and their families. However, Atlanta, GA law provides an injured person with the right to recover his or her damages from the responsible party. Such damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, funeral expenses, property damage, and other economic losses. Individuals are also entitled to recover for the pain and suffering caused by their injuries and treatment.
A car accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA like Andrew R. Lynch P.C can help seek the proper compensation.
What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
- The first thing you should do after a car accident is see if anyone needs medical attention. If you, your passengers or anyone else involved in the crash are injured, call 911 right away and tell them you need an ambulance. Don’t try to move anyone who’s been injured unless they’re in immediate danger or you’re trained to do so.
- If you can still drive your car, you may need to move it to make sure you aren’t blocking traffic. Otherwise, it is best to leave the crash scene as is until police arrive to fill out an accident report.
- Get the names and contact information of everyone involved in the accident along with any witnesses. Exchange insurance and contact information with others involved in the crash, but try not to talk about the accident.
- Stick to the facts of what happened and never say anything that could be construed as admitting fault. Determining fault for a car accident can be complex, and you’re not in a good position to make that call at the scene of the crash. When the police arrive, ask them how you can obtain a copy of the official accident report.
- If you have a smartphone or camera with you, take pictures of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles involved, and any visible injuries. Be sure to also take pictures of tire marks, relevant street signs, and traffic signals.
- Write down the details you can remember from the accident, including the approximate time it happened, where it happened, and if weather or road conditions were a factor in the crash.
- See a medical professional as soon as possible and let them know that you were in a car accident. Go to the emergency room, urgent care, or your primary care physician. Make sure you tell your doctor about all your symptoms, from the top of your head to the tips of your toes, even if they seem minor (such as stiffness, headaches, or dull pain). Car accidents sometimes cause internal damage that has delayed onset symptoms, so getting checked out by a doctor is important for your health. If your doctor doesn’t take your injuries seriously, get a second opinion.
- Notify your insurance company of the accident promptly, but again, stick to the facts of what happened. Don’t say anything regarding fault.
- Finally, contact our legal team at Andrew R. Lynch P.C. right away. Retaining a car accident lawyer from our Atlanta law firm early in the process will give you the best chance of resolving your case successfully.
What Is Your Personal Injury Case Worth?
Determining the appropriate value of a claim for personal injury is complicated. It involves evaluating the nature and extent of the injury, the economic losses that are recoverable, and the liability issues related to the accident. The location where a trial would take place and any prior injuries suffered by the claimant are issues that are also factored into any evaluation of a personal injury claim. Since insurance companies have vast experience in evaluating personal injury claims and will seek to obtain the lowest settlement possible, it is important to have a person with considerable experience dealing with the insurance company on your behalf. Generally, it is best to retain a car accident lawyer in Atlanta GA, who regularly handles personal injury claims and will be prepared to institute litigation on your behalf if the insurance company is unwilling to settle your claim for a fair value.
What to Expect from A Car Accident Lawyer
Our car accident lawyers can help with all aspects of your claim. That includes:
- Listening to your concerns
- Keeping you updated on the progress of your accident case
- Investigating the facts of your car wreck case to find all responsible parties
- Working with accident reconstruction experts to determine the cause of the accident
- Gathering evidence needed to build a strong case
- Consulting with medical professionals to determine the extent of your injuries
- Estimating future medical expenses related to your automobile accident
- Negotiating a settlement that covers all your expenses
- Dealing with all the insurance companies while you focus on your recovery
Seek Legal Advice
Do not rely on an insurance adjuster to tell you the value of your case. Let an experienced car accident lawyer in Atlanta GA from Andrew R. Lynch P.C review your claim and explain what full compensation should include. If you have been offered a settlement, do not agree to anything or sign anything without talking to a good lawyer about it. Seek legal advice now.