If you have been harmed in an ATV accident, seek the representation of Decatur, Georgia ATV accident lawyer Andrew Lynch right away and find out if you may be due compensation.
All-Terrain Vehicles, more commonly referred to as “ATVs” are a popular and fun way to get to the places that traditional vehicles can’t. The greater Atlanta area is filled with just the right kind of terrain to have a real blast on an ATV, and they can serve practical uses on the ranches and farms in the rural parts of Metro Atlanta. However, driving an ATV is innately dangerous. An ATV offers none of the protections expected in a car. Even if wearing all of the proper protective gear such as helmets, padded coats, and gloves, victims in an ATV crash can still experience broken bones, fractured spinal cords, burns, or death.
It is important to be properly trained when operating an ATV and to know your vehicle. When someone is careless while operating such a dangerous vehicle, people can get hurt.
If you or someone you know has been harmed due to the carelessness or recklessness of someone else operating an ATV, then it is that person’s responsibility to bear the costs of those injuries. Examples of these negligent behaviors can include driving the ATV while intoxicated, driving recklessly, taking the ATV onto public roads without properly equipping it, not properly maintaining the ATV or hauling more than the weight capacity of the vehicle. Of course, this list is far from conclusive.
Every case is different, so call immediately for a free consultation and find out exactly how personal injury attorney, Andrew Lynch can help you.
Can I recover damages after an ATV accident that wasn’t my fault?
ATV accidents often result in a serious if not a fatal injury, and it may require the help of an ATV accidents lawyer if you live in Decatur GA. The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch represents injury victims and the families of those who were killed in wrongful death occurrences. The recovery time and medical treatment required for serious all-terrain vehicle (ATV) injuries can be significant. Treatment is expensive, and the victim may be unable to work until they have sufficiently recovered. If any of these scenarios describes your circumstances, contact our ATV accidents lawyer in Decatur GA to discover how we can help you seek a settlement from the responsible party.
What is considered an ATV?
An ATV is referred to as an all-terrain vehicle because it is intended to operate in a wide variety of environments. In particular, an ATV is often driven on surfaces such as asphalt, dirt, rocks and boulders, sand, uneven ground, logs, etc. ATVs are not engineered to go fast; they are engineered to go, regardless of the type of hard surface it is traveling on. ATVs come in many styles:
- Seating for one, two, or four are the common choices.
- Small-to-medium sized engines. Children’s versions of ATVs come with small engines, ATVs intended for use in carrying and towing heavy loads have the largest engines.
- A variety of colors and slight variations of body shapes.
- With or without a winch. Usually, the winch is mounted in the front.
- Three, four, or six wheels are the most common. Because of the dangers inherent in using an ATV with only three wheels, they have been outlawed in most areas.
- It includes a dashboard with various gauges such as speed, RPM, fuel level, etc. as well as a horn, headlights, brake lights, turn signals, and possibly a windshield such as rearview mirrors.
- They operate much like on-road vehicles and have brakes, steering, an engine, and are automatic or clutch shifting.
What kind of ATV accidents are common?
Our ATV accidents lawyer in Decatur GA is familiar with a wide range of accidents that caused serious injuries. Though the rider may have taken every safety precaution, they can be the victim of a negligent driver. Many ATV accidents are the result of a defective part that caused the rider to lose control of it. If your accident was caused by a defective part or a negligent driver, call our Decatur GA ATV accidents lawyer and request a free consultation. We may be able to assist you in getting the compensation you deserve from those responsible for your injury.
- Defective Parts. If the ATV is fairly new and was used in the way the manufacturer intended but a defective part caused your injury accident, the manufacturer may be held responsible. Your ATV accidents lawyer in Decatur GA can file an injury claim with them on your behalf.
- Negligent Driver. If a negligent driver of another ATV, a car, or a truck hit you or caused you to crash while avoiding them, they may be held responsible.
Call The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch Today
If you were injured in an ATV accident through no fault of your own, contact us today. Our ATV accidents lawyer Decatur GA clients recommend will meet and discuss what legal options you may have.