Burn Injury Attorney in Georgia
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, then you need the help of Burn Injury Attorney in Decatur, Georgia, The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch.
Whether caused by a car, motorcycle, truck accident, or a workplace accident, the harm done to you when you are burned is serious. Depending on the severity of your burns, you may face years of costly medical bills, months of missed work, and immeasurable hours stress and pain. Burning can also cause deep scars, both physical and psychological, that can be impossible to mend. If you know someone else, be them a person or a company, is at fault for this pain to you then according to Georgia Law they too must share this burden that you go through. There are several situations that may require a Burn Injury Attorney in Decatur, Georgia. Below are just a few ways that there can be liability or fault from a defendant in your burn injury case:
- If your burns are caused by a car accident with a drunk or negligent driver.
- If your burns are caused by unsafe workplace conditions.
- If your burns are caused by faulty or dangerous products that you purchased.
- If your burns are caused by faulty wiring or other unsafe electrical conditions.
- If your burns are caused by a dangerous or negligent act by another person.
If any of the above ring true with you, or if you are in a similar circumstance, then there may be significant financial compensation for you to seek. Medical bills, and lost wages are two of several factors that determine the dollar amount of the compensation you may be rewarded.
The specifics of a burn injury case are complicated, just as will be the path to recovery for your injury. Trust your doctor with your injuries, and trust attorney Andrew Lynch with the rest. Contact Burn Injury Attorney in Decatur, Georgia, Andrew Lynch, for a free consultation and get the absolute best representation in your burn injury case.
Burns occur when heat, chemicals, electricity, sunlight, or nuclear radiation cause damage to the tissue. Although third degree burns are considered the worst, they are not as painful as first and second-degree burns, the nerves that normally transmit pain are damaged after third degree burns. In very severe cases of extensive burns, loss of fluids can lead to depletion of blood volume, shock and dangerously low blood pressure resulting in death if not treated quickly.
There are several safety regulations, safety gear, proper protocol that many burn injuries when working with dangerous equipment or chemicals. If there is a burn injury caused by unsafe behavior, the person or, when regarding an entity, property owner, involved should be held accountable. A Burn Injury Attorney in Decatur, Georgia like The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch will be able to help you or your loved one receive the compensation that they deserve from those parties that caused them harm.
Statistics show that there over 1 million burn injuries that are in need of medical attention every year in the United States, according to National Institutes of Health (NIH). There is a wide range of burn injuries from minor, which are called first degree burn, and the more extreme burns, which are called third degree burns. Many things can cause burns, but not every burn injury requires an attorney. However, if you do incur a burn due to the negligence of another party, it is very important to speak with a Burn Injury Attorney in Decatur, Georgia.
Because burns can result from a range of things such as car accidents to any form of negligent behavior, there are also a wide range of incidents that can cause a burn injury. Such as:
Car Accidents: Although many car accidents are minor, some accidents are extremely serious and can be the source of a burn injury. Very often, fires and explosions occur because the extremity of the collision if there is presence of flammable objects and gasoline. If a car accident was the cause of a distracted or drunk driver you need to seek an If a car accident was the fault of a negligent, drunk or otherwise distracted driver, compensation may be awarded to the victim.
Chemical Burns: When acid comes in contact with the skin, chemical burns are caused. Because these burns are often severe it is extremely important to contact a Burn Injury Attorney in Decatur, Georgia to help fight for you in what can become a very stressful circumstance. Working at a manufacturing plants is the more common location for these types of burns, so this will make your employer or business owner responsible.
Scalding: When hot liquids such as coffee, boiling water, or even hot shower water contacts the skin this can cause scalding. It is more common with children.
…and many more.
Burns are terrible injuries that can damage the skin, as well as nerves and even the bones. More severe burns can affect more than just the skin and can even go on to affect you mentally. If you or someone you care about has been the victim of a burn caused by another party’s negligence, contact Burn Injury Attorney in Decatur, Georgia, The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch, today.
Types of Compensation You Can Receive from a Burn Injury Accident Case
A Georgia burn injury attorney knows that suffering from burn injuries due to an accident can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating. If your injuries resulted from someone else’s negligence or intentional actions, you may be entitled to seek compensation through a burn injury accident case. When you are considering filing a claim after your burn injuries, reach out to the team at The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch.
- Medical Expenses:
- Coverage for emergency medical treatment, hospitalization, surgeries, and medication required for burn injuries.
- Compensation for ongoing medical care, rehabilitation, and physical therapy.
- Reimbursement for medical expenses incurred in the past and expected in the future due to the burn injury.
- Pain and Suffering:
- Compensation for physical pain and discomfort caused by burn injuries during treatment and recovery.
- Damages for emotional distress, mental anguish, and psychological suffering resulting from the accident.
- Lost Wages:
- Compensation for the income you lost due to the inability to work during your recovery period.
- Damages for the reduced earning capacity if the burn injuries cause long-term or permanent disability.
- Disfigurement and Scarring:
- Additional compensation for the emotional and psychological impact of disfiguring burns and permanent scarring.
- Damages for any required cosmetic procedures to improve the appearance of scars.
- Property Damage:
- Reimbursement for the repair or replacement of personal property damaged in the burn accident, such as clothing or belongings.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life:
- Compensation for the loss of ability to engage in activities you enjoyed before the burn injuries.
- Damages for the impact of the injuries on your overall quality of life and daily activities.
- Loss of Consortium:
- Compensation for the loss of companionship, affection, and support from a spouse or family member due to the burn injuries.
- Punitive Damages:
- A Georgia burn injury attorney knows that In cases of extreme negligence or intentional harm, punitive damages may be awarded as a form of punishment to the at-fault party.
- Punitive damages are meant to deter similar behavior and are above and beyond compensatory damages.
- Future Damages:
- Compensation for potential future medical expenses, ongoing care, and lost wages if the burn injuries lead to long-term or permanent disability.
- Wrongful Death Damages:
- If the burn injuries result in the death of a loved one, surviving family members may be entitled to compensation through a wrongful death claim.
- Wrongful death damages may cover funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of companionship.
- Legal Fees and Costs:
- In many personal injury cases, the injured party’s attorney fees and litigation costs are included in the compensation recovered from the at-fault party.
It’s important to note that the types and amounts of compensation you can receive in a burn injury accident case may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the accident, the severity of the injuries, and the applicable laws in your jurisdiction. To ensure you receive fair and just compensation, it’s essential to consult with an experienced attorney who can assess your case, advocate on your behalf, and help you navigate the legal process. Contact The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch to see how our Georgia burn injury attorney can help your case now.