Car Accident Lawyer GA
Do you need a car accident lawyer? Auto accidents happen every day. The resulting impact an automobile accident can have on someone can be devastating. Even the simplest of fender benders can cause back and neck injuries that have a lasting effect on the victim. Injuries sustained from a car accident can be responsible for not only chronic pain and discomfort, but for medical costs, loss of wages and even permanent disability.
Automobile accidents kill more people each year in the United States than any other consumer product. Automobile accidents can happen in a host of different ways consisting of rear-end accidents, left turn collisions, running of red lights or stop signs, speeding, unsafe lane changes and broadside collisions. No matter how clear liability appears to be, the driver of the other vehicle and his insurance carrier often dispute that they are responsible. You will need a car accident lawyer.
Because of this, in certain cases car accident lawyer’s employ engineering experts who utilize auto accident re-creation technology to demonstrate how the accident or collision actually occurred. There are also cases where accounting experts may be used to show losses of the victim’s income and the present value of that loss. Your attorney must be able to determine when such experts are needed and how to use them in negotiations with the insurance company to settle your case or for use at trial.
Even in cases that are not complicated, the insurance carrier for the party at fault will often refuse to negotiate reasonably with the victim, believing that they can force a settlement for less than adequate or fair compensation.
A car accident lawyer will do everything possible to settle your automobile accident case without going to trial, but if warranted, we will not hesitate to go to trial.
If you are a victim of an automobile accident, contact us immediately and allow us to protect your legal rights. We will be more than happy to provide you with a free legal consultation and to determine the best course of action to take on your behalf.
Things to Know After You Have Been Hit by a Drunk Driver
If you have been involved in an accident with a drunk driver and were injured, you have the right to receive compensation for your pain and suffering, injuries, and property damage. It won’t be as simple as the other driver’s insurance company simply writing you a check because drunk driving cases are generally far more complex than “standard” car accidents tend to be. It is partially for this reason that it is so important to speak with a Decatur, GA car accident lawyer as soon as you can after you have been hit. Because of the complexities involved in navigating insurance claims and filing a personal injury suit, it is virtually impossible to successfully represent yourself in a drunk driving injury case. Working with an experienced professional will place you in the best possible position for your suit to succeed.
How a Claim is Affected by Drunk Driving
A claims adjuster will handle your claim to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. In most cases, adjusters are taught to settle your claim as quickly as possible for as little as possible. It is partially for this reason that it is important not to sign any insurance-related claims documentation until you have consulted with a GA car accident lawyer. If you agree to unfavorable terms or an inadequate insurance settlement, it may be even more difficult to pursue a successful personal injury claim later on.
Comparative Negligence and Liability
What if the driver who was intoxicated was not the only one who received a ticket from the police? Or what if a witness tells the police you were partially to blame? Most states have a comparative fault rule, which means you may still be able to retrieve compensation for the other driver’s insurance company, even if you are not entirely fault-free from the accident. The compensation you receive would be adjusted according to your share of liability. Your Decatur, GA car accident lawyer can explain how your compensation may be affected if you were partially to blame for the harm you suffered as a result of your accident.
If you have been injured by a drunk driver, it is important you speak with a Atlanta car accident lawyer as soon as is possible. There is too much at stake to try and handle a complicated drunk driving case by yourself. Please consider scheduling a consultation with the Law Offices of Andrew Lynch today. Our firm would be happy to help advise you of your legal options once we learn more about the details of your accident. You do not have to navigate the legal side of this uniquely stressful life event alone.
The Psychological Impacts of a Car Accident
Your GA car accident lawyer knows that a car accident can be a traumatic and life-altering event, with far-reaching psychological impacts on those involved. Beyond physical injuries, survivors may suffer from emotional and psychological consequences that can persist long after the accident. Understanding the psychological impacts of a car accident is essential in providing appropriate support and interventions to aid in recovery. Reach out to The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch when you need help following a car accident.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): One of the most common psychological consequences of a car accident is PTSD. Survivors may experience intrusive and distressing memories of the accident, nightmares, flashbacks, and intense emotional reactions when reminded of the event. Avoidance of driving or the accident site and hyperarousal, characterized by increased anxiety and irritability, are also typical symptoms.
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders: Car accident survivors often develop anxiety and panic disorders due to a heightened fear of driving or being in a vehicle. They may become overly cautious or avoidant, experiencing panic attacks when faced with the prospect of driving or even being a passenger.
- Depression: The aftermath of a car accident can trigger feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and loss. Survivors may experience changes in mood, appetite, and sleep patterns, leading to clinical depression in some cases.
- Phobias and Specific Fears: Car accidents can lead to the development of specific fears and phobias, such as fear of driving, fear of being a passenger, or fear of particular road conditions. These fears can significantly impact a person’s quality of life and independence.
- Survivor’s Guilt: In cases where the accident results in severe injuries or fatalities to others involved, survivors may experience feelings of guilt and responsibility, even when they are not at fault. These emotions can be overwhelming and lead to self-blame and shame.
- Emotional Numbing: Some survivors may experience emotional numbing as a coping mechanism, where they distance themselves from their feelings to avoid emotional pain. This emotional detachment can hinder the healing process and lead to long-term difficulties in coping with emotions.
- Sleep Disturbances: A GA car accident lawyer knows that car accident survivors often struggle with sleep disturbances, such as insomnia or nightmares, related to the trauma of the event. Sleep disruptions can exacerbate other psychological issues and hinder overall recovery.
- Impact on Daily Functioning: The psychological impacts of a car accident can affect a person’s ability to carry out daily tasks and responsibilities. Concentration difficulties, memory problems, and reduced cognitive functioning are common after a traumatic event.
- Substance Abuse: Some survivors may turn to alcohol or drugs as a way to cope with the emotional distress caused by the accident. Substance abuse can exacerbate psychological issues and lead to further complications.
- Relationship Strain: Car accidents can strain relationships with family, friends, and romantic partners. The emotional turmoil experienced by survivors may affect their ability to connect with others and participate in social activities.
Finding the Help You Need
The psychological impacts of a car accident can be profound and long-lasting, affecting survivors’ emotional well-being, relationships, and overall quality of life. Understanding these effects is critical in providing appropriate support and interventions to aid in recovery. With the right resources and support, survivors can work through their trauma and rebuild their lives after a car accident. Get in touch with a GA car accident lawyer from The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch when you need help after a car accident.