Social Security Lawyer Decatur GA
Applying for Social Security with Help from a Lawyer
The year someone becomes eligible to receive Social Security benefits for retirement, can be a truly exciting one. As you plan for the days of relaxation and enrichment, the first step you will need to take involves applying for Social Security benefits. What many Americans may not realize is that is can actually be quite a complicated task, and there is no guarantee of approval.
To increase their chances of approval from the start, many people may consult with a Decatur, Georgia Social Security lawyer who knows how to successfully navigate the application process.
Understanding Social Security Benefits
It is not uncommon for people to have an incorrect perspective on what Social Security is and does. This federal government program is intended to financially assist those who are of retirement years, are disabled, or are surviving family members of eligible deceased individuals.
The Application Process
You can file for Social Security either online, by telephone or in person through your local Social Security office. You may need your W-2 form for the previous working year, in addition to your birth certificate in order to file. There may be other documents that are required, so you may want to speak with your Decatur, GA Social Security lawyer before attempting to file. “Getting things right the first time” is preferable to having an application rejected and being forced to appeal. Working with a Decatur, GA Social Security lawyer from the start may help you to avoid the appeals process.
How to Fight a Denial
If you receive a denial to collect on Social Security benefits, we highly recommend reaching out to or law firm immediately. You may have not earned enough working credits yet, your application had flaws, you filed too early, or you are already collection social security disability benefits. After talking with a Decatur, GA Social Security lawyer, you may decide you want to fight the denial by:
- Requesting an appeal within 60 days of receiving the denial notice
- Filling out paperwork for reconsideration and explaining why you feel approval is appropriate
- If this fails, you can then request a hearing in front of a judge
- If that also does not work, you may then file a lawsuit against the social security administration in federal court
If you want help filing for social security or are having trouble getting approved, please contact the Law Offices of Andrew Lynch. Our legal team wants to help ensure that you are able to enjoy your retirement to the fullest extent possible. Please call our firm today to schedule a consultation.
Filing a Social Security claim can be a challenge, which is why it is advisable to have a Social Security lawyer Decatur GA offers on your side. The Lynch Law Group understands the frustration of being denied a Social Security claim. A denial may have a direct impact on individuals or family members, especially when the benefits are meant to be the applicant’s primary source of income. Because the process is extremely complex and carries a risk of denial, a Social Security lawyer in Decatur GA might be advantageous to your claim.
Denial Does Not Mean You Are Not Eligible
If you’ve been denied a Social Security claim, you still have the right to file an appeal. All too often, applicants who’ve been rejected abandon their claim rather than proceeding with an appeals process. As a Social Security lawyer Decatur GA respects, we are familiar with the legal system and know what it takes to represent clients in the application and appeals process. Guided by our extensive experience, you can feel confident in knowing we have the resources needed to recover the Social Security benefits you are owed.
How a Decatur Social Security Lawyer May Help You to File a Claim
Filing for Social Security can be confusing and intimidating, and it may leave you with several questions. For these reasons, many people choose to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer Decatur GA can provide. Retaining a legal professional may increase your chance of immediate approval and may help to avoid a denial based upon technicalities or common applicant errors. By retaining The Lynch Law Group, you may be guided through the following process:
- Preparing your claim: The Social Security Administration (SSA) typically requires extensive documentation. Knowing what you should include in your claim could prove to be tedious. When you work with a lawyer, he or she may gather important information and ensure each step is completed in a timely manner. Documentation to substantiate your claim, including bank statements, medical records, IRS forms, employment history, disability claims, and military information may also be collected.
- Communication: A Social Security lawyer Decatur GA has to offer may be able to keep track of the status of your claim and let you know if any further information should be provided. He or she may also speak with the SSA on your behalf to ensure any questions are correctly answered.
- Finalizing your claim: The time it takes from initially filing a Social Security claim to getting approved for benefits can vary. A lawyer may be able to hasten the process. If your claim is approved, a Social Security lawyer Decatur GA residents can depend on may review the SSA’s calculation of a monetary amount to verify whether or not errors were made.
- Filing an appeal: If your Social Security claim was denied, you can file an appeal. It’s advisable to have a lawyer initiate this process to avoid any further mishaps or time delays.
Schedule a Consultation with The Lynch Law Group
If you would like to know more about how a lawyer can help you with claim Social Security benefits, a consultation with The Lynch Law Group is available. To schedule an appointment now with a Social Security lawyer Decatur GA trusts, please call (404) 373-7735.
“Andrew and the staff helped throughout the process closing my case in everyday. Answered all my questions and solved all of my issues with professionalism. Will definitely retain again the future if needed.”