Nursing Home Lawyer Atlanta, GA
A nursing home lawyer Atlanta, GA trusts from Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. knows that when you suspect your loved one is being abused or neglected at a nursing home, you need to act quickly to remove them from that situation. Instead of hoping that situation resolves on its own, our lawyers know that the best thing you can do is to protect your loved one. We firmly believe that elderly people in nursing homes should get the respect and care they deserve but we have seen many situations where they do not. You may feel that this burden falls squarely on your shoulders to ensure that your family member is protected. However, we are here to help you and let you know that you are not alone. To speak with a nursing home lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia, please call us now.
I’m not sure what abuse can look like. What are some examples?
You may be hesitant to do anything because you are unsure of whether or not your family member is being abused. If they do not have obvious signs of physical abuse, you may be overreacting, right? Wrong. Our Atlanta, GA nursing home lawyer has seen abuse come in many different forms. Below, we will outline a few of the ways that abuse can present so that you can be aware of the signs.
- Your loved one seems scared of others at the nursing home.
- Your loved one’s finances are moved around in a way that is out of the ordinary.
- Your loved one suddenly makes a change to their will, naming someone from the nursing home in it.
- Your loved one has bedsores.
- Your loved one is not getting the correct dosage of medication.
- Your loved one was injured because someone was not monitoring them.
- Your loved one shows signs of malnourishment/not getting their basic needs met.
Our nursing home lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia wants you to know that abuse can be sneaky and not always obvious. It is important that you speak with your loved one regularly to check for signs of abuse. We know that it can be stressful and you may feel guilty if you discover your loved one has been abused. However, we are here to help right this wrong. If you would like to speak with a trusted Atlanta nursing home lawyer from Andrew R. Lynch, P.C., give us a call now.