Look to a Decatur truck accident lawyer to help you with any recent driving problems you may have experienced. An accident with a semi-truck can occur at any moment, no matter how cautious you are being. If you are suffering from an injury sustained in a large truck accident contact us today. At The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch we cannot promise you an outcome or predict the future, but if an outcome is possible we will work with you to make it a reality.
You need an attorney who will focus on protecting your rights and maximizing the value of your case while you focus on healing. At The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch our job is to look out for your interests and fight to get you full monetary value for your injuries. We have a Decatur truck accident lawyer on hand to help you with your questions.
Trucking accidents are a serious problem in Georgia, often resulting in catastrophic injuries or death to the automobile driver or passengers involved in the collision. Trucks are inherently dangerous. Trucking accidents occur because of:
- Aggressive drivers
- Illegally driving excessive hours
- Failure to maintain the truck properly
- Driver fatigue
- Overloaded trucks
- Cell phone use
- Failure to install blind spot mirrors to avoid dangerous lane changes
According to the National Center for Statistics and Analysis, thousands of motorists are killed each year by large trucks — those weighing more than 10,000 pounds. A Decatur truck accident lawyer can explain how tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, and semi-trucks fall into this category.
Trucking accidents have an increased chance of causing severe injuries because in most cases, a truck cannot remain upright during an accident. Additionally, truck drivers have limited visibility and maneuverability. These factors greatly contribute to trucking accidents. Whether the driver is distracted, falls asleep at the wheel or just isn’t paying attention, accidents caused by these massive vehicles can kill or catastrophically injure motorists, as any qualified truck accident lawyer in Decatur, GA, can tell you.
Truck drivers and the companies they work for have a responsibility to operate their vehicles in a safe manner. Unsafe driving, oversized or unsecured cargo loads and various other factors put the public and the truck operators in danger. A Decatur truck accident lawyer can help you figure out if unsafe driving occurred.
The trucking company can be held financially responsible not only for chronic pain and discomfort caused in the accident, but for your medical costs, loss of wages, and any permanent injury or disability caused by the accident. Look to a truck accident lawyer Decatur trusts to help you find out which damages to pursue.
At the law office of The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch, we believe your case should be prepared to for trial. Mr. Lynch prepares your case for trial so that you can explore every outcome and make the choice that is right for you. We have found that putting this hard work into your case puts us in a position to get you the best outcome possible.
We cannot promise you an outcome or predict the future, but if an outcome is possible we will work with you to make it reality. If you or someone you know is injured in an accident involving a large truck, it is important that you seek out a Decatur truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
When Truck Drivers Suffer as a Result of Collisions
Too often, the public forgets that when large commercial trucks are involved in accidents, truck drivers may be injured and sustain property damage just as the drivers of passenger cars do. While it is true that trucks involved in accidents generally hold up better than passenger cars do simply because they are significantly larger, weigh more and are built to withstand moderate impacts, trucks can certainly sustain significant damage (and their drivers may be injured as well) when they are involved in collisions. It is partially for this reason that it is so important for truck drivers involved in trucking accidents to contact attorneys experienced in advocating for the interests of commercial drivers. The Law Offices of Andrew Lynch boasts years of experienced advocating for the rights of individuals involved in both car and truck accidents. Please consider scheduling a consultation today in order to explore your legal options, which may include insurance claim appeals, personal injury suits, workers compensation claims and/or downtime claims.
Downtime Claims – The Basics
If your truck is currently being repaired and your lack of access to that truck is costing you time and money, you may be eligible to file a downtime claim. An experienced Decatur truck accident lawyer will be able to help you explore whether your situation meets the criteria associated with this specific kind of legal action. In general, downtime claims are filed when a truck driver (who is not solely at-fault for the accident in question) loses profits while his or her truck is being repaired in the aftermath of an accident. Although not every state requires insurance companies to approve legitimate downtime claims, you may be able to successfully file one with the help of a Decatur truck accident lawyer.
One of the reasons why it is particularly helpful to have the guidance of an attorney when filing a downtime claim is that calculating the potential profits you are currently losing out on is a tricky business. If your profits are not calculated properly, your claim could be rejected. It is partially for this reason that working with a Decatur truck accident lawyer early in your claims process is ideal. It is generally easier to have a claim processed successfully first instead of having to appeal a rejection.
Truck Accident Assistance Is Available
If you have been injured in an accident while driving a truck, please consider scheduling a consultation with an experienced Decatur truck accident lawyer as soon as you possibly can. As time goes by, your legal options may become more and more limited. As a result, it is important to seek guidance promptly after an accident occurs. Too many truck drivers are unaware of the kinds of benefits and damages they may be entitled to after they have suffered harm in an accident. An experienced Decatur truck accident lawyer can provide clarity and help you to benefit from any and all legal options currently available to you as a result of your circumstances.
Contact The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch for a free consultation today.
A Truck Accident Company’s Responsibility For Accidents
Your Decatur, GA truck accident lawyer knows that a truck accident company can be held responsible for a truck accident in various ways, primarily through legal concepts such as vicarious liability and negligent hiring practices. When a commercial truck is involved in an accident, multiple parties can potentially share liability, including the trucking company, the truck driver, and even the manufacturer or maintenance provider. Reach out to The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch when you need help after an accident. Here are some ways in which a truck accident company can be held accountable for a truck accident:
- Vicarious Liability: Vicarious liability, also known as “respondeat superior,” holds an employer or trucking company responsible for the actions of its employees (truck drivers) when those actions occur within the scope of employment. If a truck driver causes an accident while performing their job duties, the trucking company may be held liable for the driver’s negligence or reckless behavior.
- Negligent Hiring: Trucking companies have a duty to hire qualified and competent drivers. If a trucking company fails to conduct thorough background checks, verify qualifications, or overlook a driver’s history of traffic violations or accidents, they may be considered negligent in their hiring practices. In such cases, the trucking company can be held responsible for any accidents caused by the driver’s incompetence or dangerous behavior.
- Inadequate Training: Trucking companies must provide proper training to their drivers to ensure they can safely operate large commercial vehicles. If a trucking company neglects to provide adequate training, it can be held liable for accidents resulting from the driver’s lack of skills or knowledge.
- Negligent Maintenance: Truck companies are responsible for ensuring that their fleet of trucks is properly maintained and regularly inspected. Negligent maintenance practices, such as failing to address mechanical issues or ignoring required repairs, can lead to accidents. In such cases, the trucking company may be held liable for the accident and resulting damages.
- Violation of Hours of Service Regulations: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) imposes strict hours of service regulations to prevent fatigued driving among truck drivers. Your Decatur truck accident lawyer knows that trucking companies must ensure their drivers comply with these regulations to prevent accidents caused by driver fatigue. If a company encourages or ignores violations of these regulations, they can be held responsible for resulting accidents.
- Negligent Supervision: Trucking companies have a duty to oversee their drivers and ensure they follow safety protocols. Negligent supervision, such as failing to address a driver’s history of safety violations or allowing drivers to operate beyond their capabilities, can result in accidents for which the company may be held liable.
- Failure to Maintain Proper Insurance Coverage: Trucking companies are required to carry sufficient insurance coverage to protect against potential accidents and compensate victims for their injuries and damages. If a trucking company fails to maintain adequate insurance coverage, they may be held responsible for any financial losses resulting from an accident.
Reach Out Now
Holding trucking companies accountable for their actions is essential to ensuring safer roads and protecting the rights of accident victims. Victims of truck accidents should seek legal counsel to determine liability and pursue fair compensation for their injuries and damages. Reach out to the team at The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch to see how our Decatur truck accident lawyer can assist you with your claim.