A drunk driving accident lawyer serving Atlanta, GA from Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. understands the devastating impact of car accidents caused by a drunk driver.Any accident can be devastating, but when it is the result of another person’s wrongdoing, the situation may be intensified. Medical bills may be in the tens of thousands and working might be impossible. The physical pain may be excruciating and the emotions you’re going through could range from confusion, anger, and stress. The fact of the situation is that you need help and as quickly as possible.
If you’re ready to get relief from the burdens of an accident caused by a drunk driver, call Andrew R. Lynch, P.C.
Fighting For Your Settlement
Our team has helped many victims of DUI drivers whose actions caused them to suffer terrible injuries. Our firm focuses on acquiring substantial settlements for our clients who were injured by negligent drivers who were also under the influence at the time of the accident. Generally speaking, the more serious the injury, the more likely the victim will need a drunk driving lawyer accident lawyer in Atlanta to represent their best interests. This is because the insurance companies will push back against paying out large settlements. We understand the steps that are necessary to undertake in order to secure fair compensation for recovering damages. If you were injured in an accident caused by a drunk driver, contact us to request a free consultation.
Criteria for Legal Action
A number of criteria must be met in order for an injury victim to be eligible to receive a settlement from the person directly responsible for their injury. The challenges of a personal injury case are largely based on the judicial system and success is often dependent on having a skilled lawyer representing the victim. At Andrew R. Lynch, P.C., our lawyers have the experience and resources necessary for handling even the most complex of cases.
Every case is different, but the following criteria must be met:
- A car accident occurred, and the victim’s lawyer can prove that the other driver was responsible for causing the accident.
- The car accident resulted in the victim sustaining a serious injury. Their lawyer has copies of the victim’s medical records and can provide an expert’s testimony in support of their client’s case.
- Additional proof, such as police reports that the other driver was DUI and caused the accident, as well as physical evidence at the accident scene can be critical for establishing liability. The victim’s lawyer must provide proof that the other driver is liable.
- The victim’s lawyer must detail their client’s damages and the associated costs of each. Proof of these costs must also be provided. Damages such as pain and suffering are more difficult to assign values because of course there are no receipts. However, testimony from the victim’s professional caregivers including psychologists, can be included. A Georgia drunk driving lawyer accident lawyer will consider the specifics of each case to determine what evidence of damages can be submitted as proof.
After the victim’s lawyer submits the above information to the negligent driver’s insurance carrier, the latter will do one of the following:
- Reimburse the victim in full for their damages as specified in the claim. This rarely happens unless the damages are fairly small.
- Offer the victim a settlement amount for less than the claim specifies. This is very common, especially when the damages are significant.
- Deny the claim altogether. Sadly, this is also common, even when the claim is valid.
Common Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our lawyers handle a broad range of drunk driving and personal injury cases, and have successfully recovered millions in damages.
Technology continues to make vehicles safer; however, every day in Georgia there are inevitably accidents. An error on the part of the driver is often the cause of the accident, especially if that person is driving under the influence of alcohol. An Atlanta, GA drunk driving accident lawyer at our firm is well versed in these types of accidents, the insurance companies involved, and how to maximize damages. Common car accidents caused by drunk driving cases include:
- Hit and run accidents
- Fatal accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uninsured motorist claims
- Rideshare accidents
- Rear end crashes
- Lane crashes
Riding a bicycle has become a popular method of transport, but this has increased the number of accidents. Our firm is committed to holding drunk drivers responsible for their negligent actions whenever they cause a cyclist to become injured. Once a drunk driving accident lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia is able to demonstrate that a drunk driver caused the bicycle to crash, we will be ready to show to insurance companies that the injuries are sufficient enough to be heard in mediation, arbitration, or trial. A bike accident case may involve:
- Turning vehicles
- Pulling out of a driveway
- Lane sharing
- Wrongful death
Every year, tens of thousands of people die because of the negligence of a drunk driver. Thousands more will find their life is no longer the same. Our team is committed to helping residents in Atlanta, GA and have the burden of proving that the care received by the injured patient was a direct result of the actions of an intoxicated driver. Rest assured we will investigate all factors of the case to meet this threshold and recover damages for tangible and intangible losses.
Choose Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. to Represent You
You do not have to be the victim of negligence by a drunk driver. By law, if negligence caused, or partly caused, an illness or injury, you can recover monetary compensation. Every case is different and will require a unique approach in order to ensure all of your rights and options are protected. You should only choose the best legal representation on your side. To schedule a consultation with a GA drunk driving accident lawyer that Atlanta, call Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. today!