Underinsured Motorist Coverage Litigation Attorney Georgia
Decatur, Georgia underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney, The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch, knows first-hand how difficult it can be to be involved in a car accident with an underinsured driver. If you have been in an accident with a driver who has not purchased any insurance, has allowed their insurance to expire, or has not purchased enough insurance to cover the damage they have caused, then you may have a huge fight ahead with your insurance company. In a situation like this, your underinsured motorist coverage should protect you from paying out of pocket, but when making such a claim with an insurance company, consider calling Decatur, GA underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney, Andrew Lynch to make that you receive fair compensation under your insurance policy.
In a sprawling city like Atlanta, we need our cars to get just about anywhere. When someone else causes an accident that damages your car, not only can you be left with thousands in repairs to pay, but also with no way to get to work or pick up your kids. That is why Georgia law requires all drivers to purchase minimum liability coverage to insure the cost of any damage or harm they may cause on the road is not forced onto the victim of the accident. However, despite this law there are still an unnerving amount of drivers on the road with either expired insurance or no insurance at all. Even if the driver has purchased minimum liability coverage, in major collisions this minimum coverage still may not be enough to pay for all damages. This can create a frustrating and costly situation for the victims of an accident.
Fortunately, Georgia law also requires insurance companies to offer underinsured motorist coverage. If you have purchased this coverage, then your insurance company is responsible to cover the damage done to your car when the person at fault cannot. Even if you do not think you have purchased this coverage, it is important to review your policy and be sure. In an accident with an underinsured driver, or in a hit and run, this coverage can save you an enormous amount of money.
Make no mistake though, the goal of the insurance companies is to give you as little as possible, regardless of how much is actually owed to you by the coverage you purchased. That is how they make their profit. Without a Decatur, GA underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney at your side, you can expect the insurance company to attempt to short change you, and leave you to pay for a good bit of the damage on your own. That is why it is crucial to call attorney Andrew Lynch immediately after your accident to schedule a free consultation. Allow Decatur, GA underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney, Andrew Lynch’s skill and experience to put you at ease in the hectic and stressful aftermath of being hit by an underinsured driver.
Can an underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney in Decatur GA really make a difference?
The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch represents accident victims who may benefit from an underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney in Decatur, GA. An attorney may be the last defense against insurance carriers who act in bad faith by denying valid claims or offering an unfair settlement amount. Insurance companies know that filing a claim can be overwhelming for many accident victims. They use this fact to their advantage, using a variety of tactics hoping to get accident victims to agree to a low-value settlement just so that they can avoid hassle and move on with their lives. While Decatur, GA underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney, Andrew Lynch knows that there are advantages to getting the money you deserve quickly, it is also important to make sure that you are getting the amount of money to which you are entitled under your insurance policy. Here are a few of the tactics of which to be aware as you move through the insurance claims process:
- Making the claims process long and hard. Insurance companies are notorious for dragging out the claims review process, requiring more and more proof as you move through the process. It may be difficult to know who to call, what supporting evidence to submit, or how to take the next step to get the money you deserve. This is especially true when the claim is substantial. As a general rule, the greater the damages the greater resistance a claimant will receive from an insurance company. And of course, the larger the claim, the more the claimant has to lose if the carrier does not offer a fair settlement. Do not let the insurance company avoid the payout you deserve by making the claims process lengthy, overwhelming, and confusing.
- Giving a “final” offer. Another common tactic of insurance companies is to tell a claimant that their settlement offer is final and that they will not offer a larger payout. Most of the time, they are bluffing as they know that most accident victims do not have the energy or experience to counteroffer. Decatur, GA underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney, Andrew Lynch has the experience necessary to call the insurance company’s bluff and, if necessary, take the insurance company to court to ensure that you get a fair payout under your policy.
- Delaying payout. Even if an insurance company eventually pays out a claim, if the damages are substantial they may delay the payout as long as possible. In this way they preserve their profit margin for as long as possible. Andrew Lynch has the experience necessary to talk to your insurance company and help you avoid any delays in receiving the payment that you so badly need to get back on your feet after an accident with an underinsured motorist.
Andrew Lynch, Decatur, GA underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney, can help you avoid any of the tricks of the trade your insurance company may use to get you to accept a lower payment than what you deserve. Call Andrew today to set up an initial consultation and find out more about what he can do for you.
Steps To Take After an Accident With Underinsured Motorist Coverage
If you find yourself in a situation where you have underinsured motorist coverage in Georgia, it’s important to understand the steps you should take to navigate the complexities of the process effectively and reach out to a Georgia underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney. Underinsured motorist coverage is designed to protect you in the event that you’re involved in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have sufficient insurance coverage to fully compensate for the damages and injuries incurred. Get in touch with The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch if you need help with your claim.
- Gather Information: Collect essential details from the accident scene, including the other driver’s information, insurance details, vehicle information, and contact information for any witnesses. Document the scene with photos or videos if possible.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Inform them that the other driver is underinsured and that you have underinsured motorist coverage. Provide accurate and detailed information about the accident.
- Medical Treatment: Even if injuries seem minor at first, seek medical attention promptly. Some injuries might not manifest immediately and early treatment can prevent complications. Your medical records will be important when making a claim.
- Contact an Attorney: While not mandatory, consulting an experienced personal injury attorney can be highly beneficial. They can guide you through the claims process, negotiate with your insurance company, and ensure your rights are protected.
- Review Your Policy: Carefully review your insurance policy to understand the terms and conditions of your underinsured motorist coverage. Know the coverage limits, exclusions, and any deadlines for filing a claim.
- Obtain Evidence: Collect evidence to support your claim. This might include medical records, bills, repair estimates, and any other relevant documents that demonstrate the extent of damages and injuries.
- File a Claim: Work with your insurance company to file a claim under your underinsured motorist coverage. Provide all necessary documents and information requested by your insurer to support your claim.
- Negotiate: Your insurance company might offer a settlement. Review the offer carefully, and if it doesn’t adequately cover your damages and injuries, consider negotiating with the assistance of your attorney.
- Demand Letter: If negotiations stall or the settlement offer is insufficient, your Georgia underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney can draft a demand letter outlining your case and the compensation you seek. This can sometimes prompt the insurance company to reconsider.
- Mediation: If a resolution still isn’t reached, mediation can be a useful step. A neutral mediator facilitates discussions between you and your insurance company to find a mutually agreeable solution.
- Document Time Limits: Be mindful of Georgia’s statute of limitations for personal injury claims. In most cases, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
- Stay Informed: Keep yourself informed about your rights and responsibilities during the claims process. Understanding the nuances of your underinsured motorist coverage and Georgia’s laws will help you make informed decisions.
Navigating an underinsured motorist claim in Georgia can be complex, but by following these steps and seeking professional assistance when needed, you can increase your chances of obtaining the compensation you deserve. To set yourself up for success, contact The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch to see how our Georgia underinsured motorist coverage litigation attorney can help with your claim.