Parking Lot Accident Attorney Decatur GA
Parking lots are hotbeds for auto-accidents, and if you have experienced a parking lot accident first-hand consider calling Decatur Georgia parking lot accident attorney, Andrew R. Lynch, today. From minor damages, like scratches and dents, to full-on collisions, cars packed together combined with carelessness can lead to very expensive and painful disasters. For dealing with the aftermath, attorney Andrew Lynch has the skill and experience you need on your side to make sure that the parties responsible pay for your damages.
Sometimes, the hardest part after a parking lot accident can be finding who is responsible. In many cases, if someone strikes a parked vehicle with their car, they will drive away without leaving a note or any other way to find them. If the accident was caused by poorly constructed or maintained parking lots with low lighting, poor signage, and narrow parking spots, the liability may lie with the parking lot owner. No matter what, the first step after an accident is to call the police. The police have the ability to check cameras in the vicinity of the accident to see who was the cause, and most insurance companies will deny your claim unless there is a filed police report that the accident occurred.
Next step, of course, is to consider contacting Decatur, GA parking lot accident attorney Andrew Lynch. You will also need to contact your insurance company and give them your side of the story. This is important, because an insurance company settles claims based on the information they have, and if they don’t have your side of the story then you may be found at fault for the accident. However, consider consulting with an experienced and qualified Decatur, GA parking lot accident attorney, first. Negotiations with insurance companies can be tricky and time-consuming, and a lot may depend on your initial statement. Do not give the insurance company ammunition it needs to deny or delay payment on your claim.
Remember, an insurance company is not in the business of giving you money, they are in the business of making money. Regardless of who is actually responsible for the accident or what kind of coverage you have purchased, the insurance company will go to whatever ends they can to avoid paying out your claim. That is why you need experience on your side, and that is why the last step is to call Decatur, GA parking lot accident attorney, Andrew Lynch for a free consultation. Someone else’s carelessness should never be your burden to bear, and you should hold those driving to the same standard of safety in parking lots as you do on the roads.
What should I do if I was injured in a parking lot?
Not only can parking lots be dangerous for your car, but they can also be dangerous for you, personally. Parking lots can be the scene of serious accidents and require the immediate legal assistance of an experienced attorney. If you have been hurt in a parking lot and it was someone else’s fault you may be entitled to compensation under the law.
The first thing you should do if you have been injured in a parking lot is to seek any necessary medical treatment. Call 9-1-1 if you need immediate assistance, and remember that even if you do not need an ambulance, you should call the non-emergency police line to file a police report.
After taking care of your medical needs and talking with law enforcement, call Decatur, GA parking lot accident attorney Andrew R. Lynch It is important to consider your legal options early after your injury to make sure that you are taking the necessary steps to preserve evidence and your legal rights.
What are premises liability laws, and how do they apply to my accident?
In the context of a parking lot, the owner and management company of the parking lot have a legal and ethical duty to provide a safe and danger-free facility for those who visit it. If the parking lot owner and management company failed to uphold their duty and someone suffers harm as a result, the victim has the right to hire an accident attorney to file an injury claim or lawsuit.
What are common causes of accidents in Decatur GA parking lots?
There is virtually no limit to the types of accidents that may occur in dimly lit parking lots and garages, especially if it is busy with moving vehicles and open to the public. Here are just a few of the ways you may be injured:
- A driver does not see another car or a pedestrian because of insufficient exterior lighting and strikes them.
- A driver does not see another car or a pedestrian because they are distracted trying to find a parking space or the exit, or they are texting or talking on the phone and strikes them.
- A driver loses control of their vehicle and hits another car or a pedestrian because they hit a pothole, gate, or other barriers.
- The parking lot is improperly maintained and there are broken stairs, walkways, pavement, or other areas that are hazardous and cause someone to trip or slip and fall.
- A driver is speeding through the parking lot and hits a pedestrian or another vehicle because there was insufficient time to stop or slow down.
- A driver does not stop at a crosswalk and thus hits a pedestrian.
What are common injuries due to accidents in Decatur GA parking lots?
Even if a car is traveling at low speed, when it comes into contact with another vehicle, a hard object such as a wall or barricade, or a pedestrian, it can result in a catastrophe. A parking lot accident attorney in Decatur GA like Andrew Lynch knows exactly how painful and debilitating these injuries can be. Here are some of the most common examples of injuries that can occur in parking lots:
- Closed head injuries (brain injuries)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Deep facial lacerations
- Broken and fractured bones and cartilage (including the nose)
- Amputated limbs
- Internal bleeding
If you were injured in a parking lot through no fault of your own, contact a parking lot accident attorney Decatur GA trusts, Andrew R. Lynch to learn how Andrew may be able to help you recover the money damages you need to get back on your feet.
Filing a Claim after a Parking Lot Accident: Navigating the Process
Parking lot accidents, while typically less severe than those on the open road, can still result in vehicle damage and frayed nerves, as a trusted Decatur, GA parking lot accident attorney understands. If you find yourself involved in a parking lot accident, it’s important to understand the steps to take when filing a claim to ensure a smooth process and fair compensation for damages and reach out to the team at The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch for help.
- Safety First: As with any accident, prioritize safety. Ensure that all parties involved are safe and not injured. If anyone requires medical attention, call for help immediately.
- Exchange Information: Just like in any accident, exchange contact and insurance information with the other party involved. This includes names, phone numbers, addresses, and insurance details. If there are witnesses, collect their information as well; their statements could prove valuable in assessing fault.
- Document the Scene: Use your smartphone to take photos of the accident scene. Capture the positioning of the vehicles, the damage sustained, license plates, and any relevant road signs or markings. Visual evidence can be crucial when determining fault.
- Contact the Police: Depending on the severity of the accident and local regulations, you might need to contact the police to file an official report. This report can serve as an objective account of the incident and help determine liability.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance company as soon as possible, even if the damage seems minor. They can guide you through the claims process and provide specific instructions based on your policy.
- Gather Evidence: Apart from photos, gather any additional evidence, such as a written description of what happened, the time and date of the accident, weather conditions, and any relevant information. These details can provide context to your claim.
- Determine Fault: Parking lot accidents often involve disputes about who is at fault. Be prepared to provide your perspective and any evidence you’ve collected. Insurance companies will assess the situation to assign fault based on their findings.
- File a Claim: After notifying your insurance company, speak with your trusted Decatur parking lot accident attorney. You’ll need to provide all the gathered information and documentation about the accident, including the other party’s information, the police report (if applicable), and any photos or videos. They can help you file a claim.
- Assessment and Repairs: An insurance adjuster will evaluate the extent of the damage to your vehicle. They might recommend repair shops or provide a list of approved shops. Follow their guidance to ensure the repairs are handled smoothly.
- Resolution: Once the insurance company assesses the claim and determines the liability, they will offer a settlement. This could cover repair costs, medical expenses (if applicable), and other related costs. Review the offer carefully and don’t hesitate to ask questions if anything is unclear. Your lawyer can help with negotiation if you are not being offered a fair settlement.
Filing a claim after a parking lot accident involves a series of well-defined steps. From ensuring safety and documenting the scene to communicating with insurance companies and understanding coverage, the process is designed to ensure a fair resolution to the situation. By being proactive and thorough in your approach, you can navigate the claims process successfully and get back on the road with confidence. Reach out to The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch to see what our Decatur parking lot accident attorney can do for you.