Andrew Lynch Civil Justice Scholarship 2018
Andrew Lynch is a lawyer who is passionate about helping people and protecting their rights. Throughout his career he has been dedicated to educating clients and community members on how to access the civil justice system. Andrew Lynch would like to inspire future generations to continue the fight for civil justice by offering this scholarship.
The 2018 Andrew Lynch Civil Justice Scholarship is intended for students who aspire to empower people by educating them on their right to equal access to the US civil justice system regardless of their social, economic, religious, or ethnic background. Applicants do not need to be enrolled in a civil justice or legal program but should be able to demonstrate their commitment to promoting accessibility to the civil justice system through previous, current, and/or future plans for education, volunteering, internships, and/or professional work.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Open to students enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program, including community college students.
- Open to all majors and all levels of college and graduate students
- Applicant must be in good academic standing and have a minimum 2.75 GPA
- Scholarship award can be used for books, tuition and any relevant fees or costs for attending school.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate their commitment to promoting accessibility to the civil justice system through previous, current and/or future plans for education, volunteering, internships and/or professional work
- Current resume
- Unofficial transcript
- Essay- 1,000 word maximum
How do you plan to be involved in changing society’s attitudes towards inequalities in our civil justice system? How do you plan to empower and educate people about their right to access the U.S. civil justice system?
Award Announcement: 9/10/2018
Submit your application materials to:
Be sure to include your full name, telephone number, and email address in your resume.
Please put your name on your essay.