Car Accident Lawyer FAQ
If you are a victim of an automobile accident, contacting a car accident attorney Dekalb County GA trusts may be in your best interest. If there is extensive property damage or if you were injured during the accident, hiring trusted lawyer Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. may be beneficial. If you believe the insurance company isn’t offering you fair compensation, obtaining counsel from a trusted attorney may result in reasonable compensation for damages, medical bills, and lost wages.
What could an attorney help me with?
Being in a car accident can be stressful. Allow a Dekalb County car accident attorney to handle some of the legal aspects of your case. A skilled and thoughtful car accident attorney in Dekalb County GA may offer counsel that includes:
- Processing paperwork, handling legal procedures, and making sure you meet any statute of limitations.
- Working with a team of investigators who handle the technical aspects of your case.
- Finding alternatives to going to court, such as mediation and arbitration (see next question for further information).
- Communicating with the insurance company.
- Helping you receive fair compensation for your losses.
- Representing you in court if a claim cannot be settled through negotiations.
What are mediation and arbitration?
Mediation is an informal meeting between two parties to find an agreeable resolution with the help of a mediator. Arbitration is a formal meeting, where both parties can present arguments and evidence to an arbitrator, who then legally decides the outcome. Typically, a car accident attorney Dekalb County GA drivers depend on may seek the mediation or arbitration route before heading to court.
What information should I exchange with the other driver after an accident?
A car accident attorney Dekalb County GA can provide may be grateful to see an exchange of contact and insurance information with the other driver. Typically, you will want to exchange:
- The insurance company and policy number
- Driver’s license and license plate number
- Type, color and model of the vehicle
- Location of the accident
What other documents would help my lawyer and my case?
Collecting documentation while at the scene may be helpful for a car accident attorney Dekalb County GA relies on during your case. Some information that you could gather at the accident, in addition to insurance information, includes:
- Names of police officers at the scene
- Names and contact information of any witnesses
- Photographs or video evidence of the scene
Can I receive a free consultation?
At our office, we encourage you to contact our office to receive a free consultation with Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. If you suffered from an automobile accident and you are struggling to receive the compensation you deserve for damages, medical bills or lost wages, it may be wise to speak with an experienced attorney about your case. For more information, or to schedule a case evaluation with a car accident attorney Dekalb County GA residents trust contact Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. at (404) 373-7735.