Close your eyes and imagine you just got into a car accident. You are coming into a complete stop at a red light and the vehicle behind misses the light change and rear ends you at about a speed of 45 mph. Police show up at the scene information is exchanged. What now? How does that make you feel? Confused, shock, anger, etc. Consulting a Car accident lawyer Arlington, TX trusts is the next step.
Assuming you first response is to look for an attorney, this blog will inform you what to expect from the moment you call a law firm, and through your consult. You will be walked step by step.
- Call the attorney that you feel will be a good fit for you. Of course always keep in mind the Brandy Austin Law Firm.
- Set the consult. Before calling check your calendar to see what days work best for you, that makes scheduling a lot easier. Also, that helps avoid rescheduling for conflicts in schedule. Be prepared to share a brief summary of how the accident happen. Your frustration is understood but please, BE POLITE.
- Your consult has been scheduled. Please prepare a day before all documents you will be bringing in for the consult. Don’t be nervous, the attorney is here to help you.
Documents to bring for your consult:
- Defendant’s information
- Your insurance card
- Health Insurance Cards
- Drivers License/ Identification
- Police Report
- Pictures of damages
- Contact information of any medical facilities you have treated with due to the accident
- Defendant’s insurance information
The attorney needs anything and everything that will help with your case.
1. At the time of the consult, please arrive on time if not at least 5 minutes before your scheduled time. Attorneys are here to help you but please be mindful of their time. During the consult always be honest. It helps a lot in the long run. If you gave a statement to either insurance companies please inform them. If you have a criminal background be ready to share that information with us. Everything that will be asked is for the best of your claim, in a client and attorney confidentiality. If you have any questions, please ask away. The sky is the limit.
2. At the end of your consult, please feel comfortable letting the attorney know whether you want to move forward and retain, or if you simply feel like they are not a good fit.
3. Assuming you retain. You have successfully retained/hired an attorney to stress for you. All your worries should be about treating and feeling better.
See this is like a “help me help you” situation. Your helping the attorney by bringing all the above information to the consult, and the attorney is helping you by taking over your case and working hard to get the best settlement for you.
Thank you to our friends and contributors at Brandy Austin Law for their insight on how to prepare for your first interactions with an attorney.