If you were injured in a bicycle accident that was another person’s fault, you may want to consult with a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA trusts. The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch. has helped accident victims like yourself get justice for their injuries. If you were injured through no fault of your own, you may also be able to claim financial compensation for your losses. However, you can’t be certain if you don’t consult a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA accident victims call after sustaining a serious injury.
Common Injuries Resulting from Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents involving motor vehicles occur every day and can result in various types of injuries. The severity of these injuries can depend on a few factors, like the speed of the motor vehicle, the type of impact, and whether or not the bicyclist was wearing a helmet. If you suffered any of the following injuries in a bicycling accident, you might want to contact a bicycle accident lawyer in Dekalb County GA:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are one of the most common and dangerous injuries that result from bicycle accidents. Bicyclists are often thrown off their handlebars during collisions and can hit their heads on the pavement. Helmets may reduce the risk of head injuries but do not always prevent them. Even if you were not wearing a helmet, if a negligent driver injured you, you may be entitled to recover your damages. Talk to a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA provides to find out more.
- Broken Bones: During an accidents, bicyclists are at risk of breaking bones in several areas of their bodies, including their arms, legs, back and hips. Surgery and long-term rehabilitation may be necessary in cases involving multiple broken bones. If you are facing one or more surgeries after a bike accident that you didn’t cause, your medical records and hospital bills can be used as evidence for your case. A bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA victims turn to in similar circumstances will need copies of all your paperwork, so keep it in a safe place.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: If a bicyclist lands on his or her back, head, or neck during an accident, that person is at risk of suffering spinal cord injuries. In severe cases, these injuries can result in paralysis. This may be temporary or it could be permanent. In either scenario, the victim’s damages will be substantial. A bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA bicyclists choose to represent them may negotiate a settlement that includes future medical costs and lost wages.
- Bruises and Lacerations: Bicyclists involved in accidents can suffer numerous lacerations, bruises, and scrapes of varying severity. While some of these injuries can be minor, others may require stitches or leave permanent scars. A Dekalb County bicycle accident lawyer like The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch understands that scarring can be emotionally devastating and is deserving of compensation.
Determining the Value of a Bicycle Accident Case
If you are considering filing a bicycle accident lawsuit, you might be wondering how much your case is actually worth. A bicycle accident lawyer in Dekalb County GA will probably tell you that the answer depends on a number of different factors, such as the cost of your medical bills, your lost wages, and any future medical care you may need.
During your initial consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA relies on, he may take all these factors into account and determine the approximate dollar value of your case.
Beware the Statute of Limitations
If you were injured while riding a bicycle, and your injury is serious, you may be preoccupied with medical treatments and in pain. You may be unable to work which can leave you feeling even more stressed. Though you might be considering filing a claim or lawsuit against the negligent party that caused your injury, it’s important to also contact a lawyer without delay. Some bike accident victims wait too long to do this because they are trying to cope with their injury and its complications. However, if you do not contact a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA locals choose and you wait too long, you may miss the statute of limitations deadline. Here are important points to keep in mind:
- The statute of limitations requires that personal injury victims file a claim within a certain period of time. The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch may prepare and file the claim on your behalf. You can be assured that we pay careful attention to deadlines.
- If the claimant does not file prior to the statute of limitations expiring, their claim will likely be denied.
- The statute of limitations time period varies by jurisdiction. Check with an attorney to verify how much time you have to file a claim or lawsuit.
- There are a few exceptions to the statute of limitations that have to do with when the victim became aware of their injury. For instance, if an internal injury was not detected initially but is later diagnosed as a result of the bike injury, the statute of limitations may begin from that date onward. However, only a licensed and experienced bicycle accident lawyer can provide legal advice. In any scenario, it’s wise to have a lawyer review your case and provide counsel.
The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch: A Bicycle Accident Lawyer Dekalb County GA Residents Can Trust
An experienced Dekalb County bicycle accident lawyer may improve your chances of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries. This includes gathering evidence for your claim and developing a strong argument if the matter goes to court. However, a reputable bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA depends on will likely aim to negotiate with the negligent party rather than immediately taking a personal injury claim to court. In many cases, the injured party saves a great deal of time and money by settling outside of the courtroom.
For more information about hiring a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA offers, contact The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch today at (404) 377-5750.
Are you in need of a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA cyclists turn to for effective representation? If so the law offices of The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch would like to speak with you. Our decades of experience and in depth knowledge of personal injury law, motor vehicle law, and bicycle laws make our firm a top contender as a trusted Dekalb County bicycle accident lawyer. Call our firm now for a free consultation.
Common Reasons for a Bike Accident
Cycling accidents happen for a number of reasons. Each is inherently unique in respect to the injuries and circumstances, but in general, they include motorist and/or manufacturer fault including:
- A motorist hitting a cyclist in a rear collision or sideswipe;
- A motorist turning right in front of a cyclist on the shoulder;
- Intimidating a cyclist while driving;
- A motorist failing to pay attention to the road and others around them; and
- Equipment failure on the bicycle.
In some cases, the accident is a result of road obstacles, road defects, weather conditions, or a combination of any of the above. A bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA has to offer can explain these in further detail during a consultation.
The Process of Getting Compensation
When you have a bicycle accident lawyer in Dekalb County GA working to get you compensation, he or she may follow a similar process to the one listed below:
Step 1: A bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA respect will review and examine the facts of your case, including medical records and police reports. Using this, a lawyer can develop the accrued expenses to create an estimated settlement amount.
Step 2: If not already identified, a lawyer will try to determine who is at fault. This could include a split fault between the motorist and the cyclist, or fault on one or more other parties.
Step 3: All avenues for compensation will be explored. In some cases, the driver, a manufacturer, employer of the driver, or government entity can be held responsible.
Step 4: A negotiation between any involved insurance companies will ensue.
Step 5: A settlement will be reached. If this is not possible, a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA depends on will be ready to go to trial. Usually this is not necessary.
Step 6: Your Dekalb County bicycle accident lawyer may also try to negotiate with your insurance company if they also require compensating you for expenses you paid out of pocket. This step is carried out on a case by case basis.
When you need to know what steps to take after a bike accident, you should see how a bicyclist accident lawyer Dekalb County, GA knows from The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch can help you. Many people every year get into bicycle accidents at the hands of someone else’s negligence and are left feeling hopeless about any personal injuries they have suffered or any property damage they may have. Especially when you are riding a bike and not driving in a vehicle like a car or truck, you may naturally assume you have fewer rights than another vehicle driver on the road. On the contrary, the bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County, GA relies on wants you to know that your rights are extremely important and that there are certain steps you should take immediately following a bike accident. To seek help after your injuries, give our firm a call.
What You Should Do
You may be wondering what you should do after being the victim in a bike accident. Should you continue to your destination if you think you are feeling okay? Should you exchange contact information with the other driver if someone else hit you? The truth is, many times, a bike “accident” was never an accident at all. A Dekalb County, Georgia bicyclist accident lawyer knows that these crashes usually happen because a person in a larger motor vehicle was driving negligently.
Top Things To Do Before and After an Accident
- Identification. This may sound obvious or it may sound unnecessary, but just as you would when you leave your house and drive in a car, do not get on your bike without some form of personal identification, a cell phone if you have one, and insurance emergency contact information. You never know when you will need any of the above documents and a bicyclist accident lawyer in Dekalb County knows these items are important.
- 9-1-1. You may be unsure of what kind of injuries you have sustained, but it is important to have a police record showing that you were injured by another motor vehicle and document what injuries you may have sustained so far. If you are physically unable to stay at the scene, call an ambulance or ask the police officer call one for you.
- Do Not Disturb the Scene. Depending on where you are, you should leave the scene as it was before the police get there. If you have a cell phone with a camera or another way to take photographs, take pictures of the scene. If your bike is in the way of traffic or otherwise not creating a safe environment, document it and move it out of the way. It is important that you get to safety and try not to harm others with your bike while waiting for the police.
- Get Information. Get the contact and insurance information of the other driver but do not speak with them about the details of the crash or the injuries you sustained.
- Call Your Attorney. Call your bike accident attorney as soon as possible so that you can go over details of the crash and determine what the best legal course of action may be.
The Law Offices of The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch Is On YOUR SIDE
Lawyers at our firm also enjoy getting outside and going for a bike ride. We know how frustrating it can be to maneuver about the roads, especially in high traffic areas or when an irresponsible driver is nearby. Regardless of what your injuries are, or the circumstances of the incident, we want to hear your story. For a consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA trusts, please call (404) 373-7715.