If you were injured in a bicycle accident that was another person’s fault, you may want to consult with a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA trusts. The Lynch Law Group. has helped accident victims like yourself get justice for their injuries. If you were injured through no fault of your own, you may also be able to claim financial compensation for your losses. However, you can’t be certain if you don’t consult a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA accident victims call after sustaining a serious injury.
Common Injuries Resulting from Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents involving motor vehicles occur every day and can result in various types of injuries. The severity of these injuries can depend on a few factors, like the speed of the motor vehicle, the type of impact, and whether or not the bicyclist was wearing a helmet. If you suffered any of the following injuries in a bicycling accident, you might want to contact a bicycle accident lawyer in Dekalb County GA:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are one of the most common and dangerous injuries that result from bicycle accidents. Bicyclists are often thrown off their handlebars during collisions and can hit their heads on the pavement. Helmets may reduce the risk of head injuries but do not always prevent them. Even if you were not wearing a helmet, if a negligent driver injured you, you may be entitled to recover your damages. Talk to a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA provides to find out more.
- Broken Bones: During an accidents, bicyclists are at risk of breaking bones in several areas of their bodies, including their arms, legs, back and hips. Surgery and long-term rehabilitation may be necessary in cases involving multiple broken bones. If you are facing one or more surgeries after a bike accident that you didn’t cause, your medical records and hospital bills can be used as evidence for your case. A bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA victims turn to in similar circumstances will need copies of all your paperwork, so keep it in a safe place.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: If a bicyclist lands on his or her back, head, or neck during an accident, that person is at risk of suffering spinal cord injuries. In severe cases, these injuries can result in paralysis. This may be temporary or it could be permanent. In either scenario, the victim’s damages will be substantial. A bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA bicyclists choose to represent them may negotiate a settlement that includes future medical costs and lost wages.
- Bruises and Lacerations: Bicyclists involved in accidents can suffer numerous lacerations, bruises, and scrapes of varying severity. While some of these injuries can be minor, others may require stitches or leave permanent scars. A Dekalb County bicycle accident lawyer like The Lynch Law Group understands that scarring can be emotionally devastating and is deserving of compensation.
Determining the Value of a Bicycle Accident Case
If you are considering filing a bicycle accident lawsuit, you might be wondering how much your case is actually worth. A bicycle accident lawyer in Dekalb County GA will probably tell you that the answer depends on a number of different factors, such as the cost of your medical bills, your lost wages, and any future medical care you may need.
During your initial consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA relies on, he may take all these factors into account and determine the approximate dollar value of your case.
Beware the Statute of Limitations
If you were injured while riding a bicycle, and your injury is serious, you may be preoccupied with medical treatments and in pain. You may be unable to work which can leave you feeling even more stressed. Though you might be considering filing a claim or lawsuit against the negligent party that caused your injury, it’s important to also contact a lawyer without delay. Some bike accident victims wait too long to do this because they are trying to cope with their injury and its complications. However, if you do not contact a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA locals choose and you wait too long, you may miss the statute of limitations deadline. Here are important points to keep in mind:
- The statute of limitations requires that personal injury victims file a claim within a certain period of time. The Lynch Law Group may prepare and file the claim on your behalf. You can be assured that we pay careful attention to deadlines.
- If the claimant does not file prior to the statute of limitations expiring, their claim will likely be denied.
- The statute of limitations time period varies by jurisdiction. Check with an attorney to verify how much time you have to file a claim or lawsuit.
- There are a few exceptions to the statute of limitations that have to do with when the victim became aware of their injury. For instance, if an internal injury was not detected initially but is later diagnosed as a result of the bike injury, the statute of limitations may begin from that date onward. However, only a licensed and experienced bicycle accident lawyer can provide legal advice. In any scenario, it’s wise to have a lawyer review your case and provide counsel.
The Lynch Law Group: A Bicycle Accident Lawyer Dekalb County GA Residents Can Trust
An experienced Dekalb County bicycle accident lawyer may improve your chances of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries. This includes gathering evidence for your claim and developing a strong argument if the matter goes to court. However, a reputable bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA depends on will likely aim to negotiate with the negligent party rather than immediately taking a personal injury claim to court. In many cases, the injured party saves a great deal of time and money by settling outside of the courtroom.
For more information about hiring a bicycle accident lawyer Dekalb County GA offers, contact The Lynch Law Group today at (404) 377-5750.