Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia
If you were recently injured in a bicycle accident, you should get in touch with a bicycle accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA. You may be entitled to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim against the negligent party and look out for your best interests.
Common Bicycle Accidents Injuries
Bicyclists don’t have the protection of a vehicle, so they are more likely to suffer serious injuries during accidents. Here are the most common bicycle accident injuries:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are one of the most common and severe injuries bicyclists can suffer during an accident. These injuries can have long-lasting effects, like visual difficulties, seizures, personality changes, cognitive difficulties and sleep trouble. Wearing a helmet while you ride a bicycle can reduce your risk of suffering a serious head injury during an accident.
- Broken Bones: In a bicycle accident, you also can break bones in your legs, arms, wrists or hips. Although they aren’t life-threatening, broken bones cause extreme pain and can take a long time to recover from. If a bone is broken in more than one place, surgery may be necessary.
- Internal Injuries: Any of your body’s internal organs, such as kidneys, spleen, lungs and pancreas, can suffer damage during a bicycle accident. In some cases, you may feel immediate pain. Other times, internal injury symptoms aren’t present in the beginning. That’s why it’s crucial to get medical attention right away.
- Neck Injuries: As a bicycle accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA can confirm, bicyclists are also in danger of suffering neck injuries during an accident. If they are thrown off their bike during a collision, the neck can suffer damage.
- Lacerations: If an object punctures through your skin during a bicycle accident, you can suffer lacerations. While they might not sound as extreme as other injuries, they still need to be treated promptly. Without proper treatment, lacerations can lead to infection and scarring.
Discussing Your Case With a Lawyer
If you suffered injuries in a bicycle accident, you should discuss the matter with a qualified bicycle accident lawyer. Accidents between bicycles and vehicles can be complex, so you want someone with knowledge and experience on your side. Your lawyer can help you gather the appropriate evidence and negotiate with the insurance company. If your case must go to trial, your lawyer will represent you in court.
Schedule a consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA at the law office of The Lynch Law Group today.