Apartment Accident Lawyer Atlanta, GA
If you suffered an injury at someone else’s apartment, you should speak to an apartment accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA. You may be entitled to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim and protect your legal rights.
Steps to Take If You Suffered an Injury at Someone’s Apartment
Accidents can happen just about anywhere, including someone else’s apartments. Hazardous conditions, like liquid spills, torn carpeting and inadequate lighting, can increase the risk of accidents. Here are the steps you should take if you get injured at another person’s apartment.
- Document the Scene of the Accident: Before you leave the apartment, you should gather evidence at the scene of the accident. For example, if you suffered a slip and fall accident because of spilled juice on the floor, you should take a photo of the liquid spill with your smartphone camera. If there were witnesses present, you should obtain their names and contact information.
- Ask the Person Who Rents the Apartment for Insurance Information: Ideally, the person who rents the apartment where you got injured carries renters’ insurance. If the person does have insurance, you should get information about that before you go.
- See a Doctor: Even if your injuries don’t seem too severe, you should still seek medical attention promptly. Some injuries don’t always present symptoms in the beginning. Don’t put your health in jeopardy. A doctor will properly evaluate your injury and recommend the appropriate treatment. In addition, as an apartment accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA can confirm, you will need medical documentation of your injury to show the insurance company.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Instructions: Your doctor will create a detailed treatment plan after evaluating your injury. It’s important to closely follow your doctor’s advice. If you miss doctor’s appointments or stop your treatment early, it may jeopardize your compensation.
- Don’t Talk to the Insurance Company: The renters’ insurance company may contact you shortly after you file a claim. Even if they seem friendly, you should say as little as possible to them. They’re in the business of making money and may try to find something to use against you.
- Hire a Lawyer: Your claim may involve several complexities, so it’s important to have an experienced apartment accident lawyer on your side. He or she can help you gather the necessary evidence and negotiate with the insurance company.
Schedule a consultation with an apartment accident lawyer like those at Andrew R Lynch, P.C. in Atlanta, GA today.