Shooting Victim Lawyer Dekalb County, GA
When you or a loved one has been the victim of a shooting, you may be looking for a shooting victim lawyer Dekalb County, GA trusts from The Lynch Law Group It is possible you are unsure of what to do after being shot. While you know that you need medical help, you may be questioning how you can be compensated for a situation like this and how the person who shot you can learn their lesson. Is it possible to recover damages if you pursue civil litigation? Our Dekalb County shooting victim lawyer wants you to know that we will be by your side to help determine what kind of legal action we can take so that you are compensated for your injuries. To see how we can help, contact our office now.
This was not intentional but I still believe I should be compensated. How does that work?
We understand that situations are not always so black and white. When most people hear that a friend or loved one was shot, they immediately think of criminal actions. However, in some circumstances, it is possible that someone shot you out of negligence or carelessness. When this occurs, we would pursue a civil lawsuit. In some cases, a third party may be responsible if the gun was manufactured in a way that made it defective.
I want to bring a lawsuit forward. Who can I sue in the event that gun violence occurred?
As many violent situations can be complicated, if you or a loved one were involved in one you may be wondering who you can bring a lawsuit against. Your shooting victim lawyer in Dekalb County, GA has a few options.
- Property owners where the owner or manager did not detect a dangerous weapon being brought onto the property but should have.
- Businesses that know their location is not safe because of gun violence and the presence of illegal weapons around their property.
- Parents of minors who access their weapons and use them illegally.
Get Help From a Dekalb County, Georgia Shooting Victim Lawyer Now!
When you or a loved one were a victim of a shooting incident, do not hesitate to reach out to our office to get the legal representation you need. We believe you are owed justice. For more help and to speak with our shooting victim lawyer in Dekalb County, Georgia, contact The Lynch Law Group
Common Causes of Accidental Shootings
If guns are used incorrectly, serious injuries and fatalities can occur. Here are the most common causes of accidental shootings a shooting victim lawyer in Dekalb County, GA sees.
- Lack of Experience: A gun is a dangerous weapon and should be handled very carefully. Unfortunately, people who don’t have any experience with guns still handle them and put innocent people at risk. People who want to handle guns should take a weapon’s training course first to ensure they use it correctly.
- Drug and Alcohol Use: As a shooting victim lawyer in Dekalb County, GA can confirm, many accidental shootings occur because of drug and alcohol use. When a person is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, it can affect vision, coordination and decision making skills. That’s why no one should handle a weapon when under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Improper Storage of Firearms: Another mistake a shooting victim lawyer in Dekalb County, GA sees people make is leaving guns out unattended. It’s important to store guns properly at all times, especially if there are little children around. If a gun is just sitting out in the open, a child could become curious and pick it up, resulting in tragic consequences.
- Irresponsible Gun Use: Under no circumstances should a gun be treated like a toy. If someone points a gun at another person as a joke, an accidental shooting can happen.
How to Avoid Accidental Shootings
Accidental shootings are tragic, so it’s important to do everything you can to prevent them from happening. Here are a few ways a shooting victim lawyer in Dekalb County, GA suggests to avoid accidental shootings.
- Take a weapon’s training course
- Treat every gun like it’s loaded
- Avoid pointing your gun at anyone unless you plan to shoot
- Remember to unload a gun when you’re not using it
- Store guns separate from ammunition
- Keep the safety on until you’re ready to shoot
What Can a Shooting Victim Lawyer Do?
If you’re the victim of an accidental shooting, you should speak to a shooting victim lawyer in Dekalb County, GA as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a lawsuit in a timely manner, gather evidence, identify key witnesses and protect your legal rights.
During your initial consultation with your lawyer, be prepared to answer several questions about your case. He or she may ask you when and where the shooting occurred and if you knew the shooter. Your lawyer may also want to know the types of medical treatments you’ve had so far. If you have any evidence pertaining to your case, such as witness statements or a police report, you should bring them with you to the consultation. The more evidence you have, the better your lawyer can help you.