Apartment Accident Lawyer in Decatur, Georgia
If you suffered an injury at someone else’s apartment, you should speak to an apartment accident lawyer in Decatur, GA. You may be entitled to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim and protect your rights.
Mistakes to Avoid After an Apartment Accident
Whether you tripped and fell over clutter or got bitten by a dog, getting injured in an apartment accident can be a traumatic experience. However, you can’t allow your emotions to cloud your judgment and cause you to make costly mistakes. Here are common mistakes to avoid after an apartment accident.
- Failing to File an Accident Claim: If you got injured in a close family member or friend’s apartment, you may be hesitant to file an accident claim. After all, you don’t want to risk damaging your relationship. However, you must remember that he or she won’t be paying for the damages out of pocket. The apartment owner’s rental insurance company will be held liable for your losses. You deserve to be compensated for suffering an injury. As such, you should file a claim as soon as possible.
- Neglecting to Obtain Evidence: In order to receive fair compensation for your injury, you have to have sufficient evidence. That’s why you should preserve all evidence that pertains to your injury, such as photos of the accident scene, witness statements, and medical records.
- Waiting Too Long to See a Doctor: If your injury doesn’t seem too severe, you might delay seeking medical care. This is a big mistake. Some injuries can worsen over time. You don’t want to put your health in jeopardy. Plus, if you wait too long to see a doctor, the insurance company may argue that you couldn’t be truly hurt.
- Not Hiring a Lawyer: If you plan to pursue compensation for your injury, it’s wise to have an apartment accident lawyer in Decatur, GA on your side. Injury claims can be very complex and time-consuming. A lawyer can help you build a strong case and improve your chances of obtaining fair compensation.
- Speaking to the Insurance Company: If you have suffered an apartment accident, the apartment owner’s rental insurance company will likely want to speak to you. However, you have to be careful about what you say to them. They want to protect their bottom line and may try to use what you say against them.
Schedule a consultation with an apartment accident lawyer in Decatur, GA at the law office of The Lynch Law Group today.