When we buy something, we need to be able to trust the person selling to us to tell the truth. When a company sells you something fraudulently, they are breaking the law. Decatur, DeKalb County Attorney Andrew Lynch can help you fight back against consumer fraud, and right the wrongs that a seller may make against you.
According to the Official Code of Georgia § 10-1-393(a), “Unfair or deceptive acts or practices in the conduct of consumer transactions and consumer acts or practices in trade or commerce are declared unlawful.” This law holds sellers and services to a standard of honesty when interacting with customers. Consumer fraud is lying, and is a moral and legal crime against you when it is committed.
If you have experienced any of the following, then you may have a consumer fraud case:
- Been lied to about the condition of a car or any other item before purchasing it.
- Been sold an item as new, and later learned that this item was actually used.
- Been lied to about the source of a product, for example being sold a knock-off purse for the full price of an authentic purse of that brand.
- Been lied to about the certifications of a service provider.
- Been lied to about the uses of a product, for example being sold a medication for a use that it is not actually specified for.
These are just a few of the many situations that can lead to a successful consumer fraud case. Do not stand for being lied to. If you discover that you are a victim of consumer fraud, contact Andrew Lynch in Decatur, DeKalb County, Georgia for a free consolation, and help hold businesses to the standard of the law.