Personal Injury Lawyer Dekalb County GA
If you have been hurt due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence, you may be able to hold this party legally responsible for your injuries. It’s only fair for the person or company that caused your accident to pay for your financial losses. However, before receiving compensation, you’ll need to determine who is legally at fault. At The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch, we focus on personal injury cases and we have helped countless Dekalb County GA clients determine liability in order to get the compensation they deserve.
Determining Legal Liability
Many accidents occur because an individual was acting in a careless manner. The basic rule of determining legal liability is simple: if one person involved in accident was less careful than the other, or if they had a duty to act responsibly toward another person and failed, then they may have to pay for the victim’s damages. Even though this is a simple rule, there are different circumstances that may have different results. For instance:
- The injured individual was somewhere they were not supposed to be. If someone got hurt being somewhere they did not belong, the situation or person that caused the accident might not be held liable because they had no obligation to be careful toward the injured individual.
- If the injured individual was also being careless, their compensation may be reduced depending on the degree of negligence they were expressing. This is called comparative negligence.
- If a person is being negligent while they are working for an individual or company, the employer might be held responsible for an accident.
- If something is poorly maintained or poorly built and an accident occurs, the owner of the property might be held responsible for neglecting to maintain the property properly. This is regardless of whether the property owner created the dangerous condition.
- In cases of defective products, the seller and the manufacturer could both be held liable for the injuries caused to the individual.
No matter what your circumstance may be, contacting a knowledgeable and skillful personal injury lawyer should be a priority after an accident. At The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch, we may be able to provide legal guidance and help you determine if you should take a settlement or go to trial with your case.
Multiple People Are At Fault
In situations where there is more than one person at fault, then any one of the negligent parties could be responsible for compensating the victim’s injuries. There are a couple things to keep in mind when seeking compensation if multiple people were involved:
- You may wish to see who is insured and then file a claim against that individual for the full amount.
- If multiple parties are insured, you can notify the different individuals that a claim may be filed against them for the damages.
- After determining which insurance company should take the responsibility, you may pursue the claim against them.
Getting the Right Help
If you have been injured during an accident in Dekalb County GA, proving legal liability can help you obtain the compensation that you deserve for your injuries, lost wages, and other financial damages. Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer Dekalb County GA residents trust may prove to be beneficial when determining liability for an accident. To schedule a free consultation, contact The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch today.