Personal Injury Attorney Atlanta GA
Personal Injury Attorney FAQs
- Automobile accidents
- Construction accidents
- Defective product accidents
- Slips and falls
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
At The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch, our team counsels many clients who have never filed a lawsuit before and have questions about the process. We encourage prospective clients to call our office and schedule a free consultation with a top personal injury attorney Atlanta GA offers for more detailed information that is pertinent to their specific circumstances. In the meantime, here are a few of the more common questions that a skilled Atlanta personal injury attorney would likely be able to answer:
What should be the first thing I do if I have suffered from an injury?
The very first thing you should do is consider your well-being and seek medical attention. Once your initial medical needs have been addressed, you should seek legal counselling from a personal injury attorney Atlanta GA recommends. It is not unusual for a personal injury case to undergo investigation. If you delay contacting an attorney, crucial pieces of evidence could be permanently lost.
What are my rights if I have been injured?
If someone’s negligence caused your injury, you may be entitled to compensation for those injuries. A personal injury attorney in Atlanta GA may suggest that certain legal rights and limitations may be applied to your case depending on circumstantial factors.
What is negligence?
A personal injury attorney Atlanta GA citizens trust may say that negligence is the failure to use reasonable care, resulting in damage or injury to another person. To have an effective personal injury claim, the victim must have been injured from the negligence of another individual.
What can I do to improve my chances of obtaining maximum compensation?
Hiring a skilled personal injury attorney Atlanta GA residents depend on is one of the first things you may do in order to obtain fair compensation. Additionally, there are certain steps you may take (and certain things you could avoid) to help in your claim for maximum compensation.
The things you should do include:
- Taking photos of the accident and collecting as much information as possible
- Seeking medical attention quickly
- Contacting an Atlanta personal injury attorney you can trust
Things you should not do include:
- Speaking to the insurance company of the other party
- Ignoring any doctor advice you are given
- Talking about the accident on social media
What kinds of damages might I collect in a personal injury lawsuit?
It is important to note that that exact damages you may receive can vary quite a bit depending on the circumstances of your case. Some injured claimants collect only a few thousand dollars, while others may collect millions. In general, there are two main categories of damages that you may be eligible to receive: compensatory damages, and punitive damages.
Compensatory damages reimburse a victim for the tangible financial losses incurred by his/her accident. Compensation for loss of income and compensation for medical bills are two of the more common types of compensatory damages. If a severe injury caused you a great deal of emotional or psychological pain, a skilled personal injury attorney Atlanta GA trusts might also argue that you deserve compensation for these hardships. In cases where the injured victim sustains a disabling injury, compensatory damages may be awarded in anticipation of future financial losses.
Punitive damages may also be awarded in a personal injury settlement. These damages are awarded less frequently than compensatory damages, but when they are awarded, they’re often much higher than the compensatory damages. Civil lawsuits do not bestow criminal punishments on a liable defendant; instead of sentencing a defendant to jail, a civil suit might require a defendant to pay the victim a sizeable sum of money. Punitive damages are generally only awarded in cases where extreme negligence or wrongdoing was present.
For a more accurate assessment of the damages that you may receive in a successful claim, don’t hesitate to contact a personal injury attorney Atlanta GA depends on for legal counsel.
Do I have to go to court?
When you file a personal injury lawsuit and hire a personal injury attorney Atlanta GA can provide, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll have to appear in court. In fact, the majority of personal injury claims are settled outside of the courtroom. While an experienced personal injury attorney Atlanta GA families trust might prepare for a courtroom appearance, it’s often beneficial for all parties involved to reach a settlement through negotiations — this generally saves a great deal of time and money. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, your lawyer might decide to take your case to court.
What should I do if I am injured at work?
- Overexertion injuries
- Falling from heights
- Reaction injuries
- Falling object injuries
- If you suffered from any of these types of injuries, your medical bills and lost wages may be reimbursed through a workers’ compensation claim
A workers’ compensation claim can be very different from a traditional personal injury claim, and in some ways this can be a huge benefit for an injured worker. Unlike a normal personal injury claim, liability does not matter in a workers’ comp claim. Regardless of who was technically at fault for an employee’s injury — even if the employee was responsible for their own accident — they still may receive compensation as long as the injury occurred at work or was work-related. If your injury is related to your job in any way, be sure to inform your personal injury attorney in Atlanta GA about this.
Can I receive a free consultation?
At The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch we encourage you to contact our office to receive a free consultation from a highly skilled and experienced lawyer. If you suffered from an automobile accident, a fall, a medical mistake, or another type of accident, don’t hesitate to get counsel from an experienced source.
5 Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer
During your initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer Atlanta GA trusts, don’t be afraid to ask him or her questions about his or her experience and skills. Here are five questions you may want to ask a personal injury lawyer:
- How many cases similar to mine have you handled in the past? In order to get the best outcome with your case, it may be best to hire an attorney, like personal injury lawyer Atlanta GA relies on, who has dealt with many cases similar to yours in the past. For example, if you suffered a slip and fall accident, you might not want to hire a lawyer who has only handled car accident lawsuits. The more experience a lawyer has with your specific personal injury case, the better he or she will be able to help you.
- Do you ever go to trial? While many personal injury cases get settled out of court, some of them have to go to trial. If it’s necessary to take your case to trial, you will want to find a lawyer, like a personal injury lawyer Atlanta GA residents turn to, who is confident in the courtroom and willing to represent you in front of a jury. The personal injury lawyers at [law firm name] have extensive trial experience and go the extra mile for their clients.
- How many cases do you currently have? Before you hire a personal injury lawyer, find out about his or her current caseload. A personal injury case involves many complexities, so you want to make sure your lawyer has enough time for it. If your lawyer already has a dozen of other cases, he or she might not be able to give your case the attention it deserves.
- Do you think I have a strong case? A personal injury lawyer Atlanta GA relies on can examine your case and determine if you have a good shot at winning a settlement or not. If a lawyer believes you have a slim chance of winning your case, it might not be worth pursuing.
- How long does it typically take you to resolve a case like mine? Dealing with a personal injury claim is stressful, so you naturally want to get it over with as quickly as possible. A personal injury lawyer may be able to tell you how long it takes him or her to resolve a case like yours.
If you are the victim of medical malpractice, you may want to speak to Andrew R. Lynch, a personal injury attorney Atlanta GA trusts. Andrew was named one of Georgia’s Top Rated Lawyers from 2012 to 2016. He has a passion for helping individuals get the compensation they deserve for their injuries caused by a medical practitioner’s negligence.
Types of Medical Malpractice
A personal injury attorney in Atlanta GA like Andrew has dealt with various types of medical malpractice over the years, including:
- Surgical Errors: If a surgeon is tired or is not completely focused, he or she is more likely to make a mistake during an operation, such as leaving a surgical instrument in a patient or operating on the wrong body part.
- Misdiagnosis: Another type of medical malpractice is misdiagnosis. If a doctor incorrectly diagnoses a patient, the patient may miss out on the right treatments and become even sicker. In fact, a misdiagnosis can be fatal.
- Anesthesia Errors: In some cases, anesthesia errors can be just as dangerous as surgical errors. If an anesthesiologist gives a patient too much anesthesia, the patient could suffer brain damage or even die. Too little anesthesia can allow a person to awaken during surgery and move on the table while the doctor is working. Even a small amount of movement can cause a surgeon to cut a major artery or organ by mistake.
- Medication Errors: Andrew, a personal injury attorney Atlanta GA respects, has represented clients who were prescribed the wrong medication or incorrect dosage. If a patient is given the wrong medication, it may interact with others medications he or she takes and result in dangerous or fatal side effects.
- Birth Injuries: Birth injuries are often the result of medical malpractice and can affect children or the mother for the rest of their lives. If a doctor or another medical staff member is careless during the delivery process, the baby may suffer a serious or fatal injury. Common birth injuries include bone fractures, facial paralysis, perinatal asphyxia, and cerebral palsy.
Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
If you wish to pursue a medical malpractice lawsuit, it is important to begin the process as soon as possible. The statute of limitations to file a medical malpractice lawsuit in Georgia is two years. After that, you lose the chance to recover compensation for your injuries. Do not miss out on the opportunity to obtain the money you deserve. It may be in your best interest to speak to a personal injury attorney Atlanta GA counts on, like Andrew, immediately. He or she may review your case at no cost and determine if you have a strong likelihood of recovering damages.
Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
A compassionate personal injury attorney Atlanta GA residents recommend understands how overwhelming it is to be the victim of an accident. Not only do victims have to deal with the pain and recovery due to the injuries they have sustained, but they often face financial stress too. Depending on the severity of the injuries, many victims end up being unable to work while they are recuperating and this often means loss of income.
Attorney Andrew R. Lynch, a seasoned personal injury attorney in Atlanta GA, is known for being a skillful negotiator and has built a strong reputation as a solid litigator. He does not hesitate to bring a lawsuit to trial if the insurance company refuses to pay a client the amount of financial compensation they deserve.
How May Attorney Lynch Help You?
There are many different types of cases that a seasoned personal injury attorney Atlanta GA victims depend on may handle. Some of the most common include:
As patients, we trust that medical personnel we go to will provide us with the standard of care we deserve. Too often, patients suffer injury or illness due to the negligence of medical staff, and many of these incidents are preventable ones.
Nursing Home Abuse
One of the most difficult decisions for many families is placing an elderly loved one in a nursing home. When this decision is made, the expectation is that our loved one will be well taken care of. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Too many elderly nursing home residents are exposed to neglect, physical abuse, and emotional abuse.
All too often, we read or hear about a product recall because there was some kind of defect in the design or production of the product. These recalls are usually the result of complaints filed with the government and/or the company by victims who were injured from using the product. Even worse are situations where a company knew there were dangerous defects in a product but failed to warn consumers of the dangers.
When an individual suffers fatal injuries due to another person’s negligence or wrongdoing, the victim’s family may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party. A personal injury attorney Atlanta GA offers understands that no amount of money will ever make up for the loss of a loved one; however, recovering financial damages can help pay for funeral and burial expenses, medical expenses, and the loss of income their loved one provided.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney Atlanta GA Clients Trust
If you have been injured in an accident caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another party, consider contacting a professional Atlanta personal injury attorney to find out what legal recourse you may have. Attorney Andrew R. Lynch has successfully represented many accident victims and has fought for the financial damages they deserved for their injuries. Attorney Lynch is available to meet and discuss the details of your case and how he may be able to help.
Call a dedicated personal injury attorney Atlanta GA provides today at (404) 373-7735 to set an appointment for your free case evaluation.