As a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA respects, Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. provides legal services to those who have been seriously injured by someone else’s negligence. If you sustained an injury that requires medical care, your expenses may be recoverable from the person responsible. With the help of a Dekalb County personal injury attorney from our firm, you may have legal recourse.
Our Legal Services
It’s a sad fact that in a given year, thousands of residents may be in need of a personal injury attorney in Dekalb County GA. Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. is a skilled and experienced lawyer who fights for the rights of those who have been injured through no fault of their own. He is licensed to practice personal injury law and can help you if you’ve been injured by someone acting negligently or who intentionally tried to hurt you. Here are some of the most common scenarios in which Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. can assist victims:
- Medical Malpractice: If a physician, surgeon, or other medical care provider or medical facility harmed you or a member of your family, a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA victims turn to from our firm may be able to negotiate a substantial settlement on your behalf.
- Consumer Fraud: Companies have a legal responsibility to ensure that their products are as advertised. If you feel you have been defrauded in some way, contact our office immediately.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Sadly, though families entrust the care of their loved ones to nursing homes with the belief they are doing what’s best for their elder, sometimes the elder is harmed. When an assisted living facility or their staff members harms a resident in any way, they should be held fully accountable. As a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA families trust, Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. may be able to help your family get justice.
- Product Liability: Companies are legally responsibility for making sure that their products are safe for consumers to use. If you were harmed in some way by a product, it may be possible to file a claim or lawsuit against that company. With the help of a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA community members turn to in similar situations, it may be possible to file a claim or class action lawsuit against the negligent company.
- Wrongful Death: If you lost a family member in an avoidable accident or act of violence, you may be able to hold the at-fault party responsible. Though a settlement cannot reverse the terrible tragedy, it can cover your related medical bills and other costs. It can also send a message that such actions that took your loved one will not be tolerated.
Understanding Personal Injury Law
Personal injury law is complex and covers situations when a person’s body, mind, or mental/emotional wellbeing is hurt. When it comes to the law, this type of injury is considered the result of another party’s negligence, carelessness, or wrongdoing. Personal injury law also covers wrongful death claims or situations when an injury leads to a fatality.
When you file a claim with a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA has to offer, you are known as the plaintiff. The person or entity from whom you are petitioning for compensation for your injury is known as the defendant. The victim seeking monetary compensation is known as the plaintiff. This process of filing a claim for compensation is known as ‘recovery of damages’.
A personal injury attorney in Dekalb County GA may handle a broad range of personal injury claims. Some are much more common than others and include:
- Accidents involving a car, truck, bus, train, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian.
- Product liability including defective products and recalled goods.
- Animal injuries such as dog bites.
- Repetitive motion injury such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Injuries caused by exposure to hazardous materials or fumes.
- Premise liability from a slip and fall, trip and fall, etc.
- Medical malpractice.
- Reputation injury including defamation or harm to a person’s mental or emotional health.
There are many other kinds of personal injury claims. If you don’t see yours listed above, call a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA respects to confirm whether or not you have a valid claim.
Once a Claim is Established…
If you have a valid injury claim, a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA residents can rely on will have to prove negligence or wrongdoing by the defendant. Negligence happens when the defendant is unable to fulfill the legal duty of care. An attorney must be able to show that the defendant breached, or did not live up to that duty and thereby caused the injury. As a result, the plaintiff was harmed and suffered damages.
Certain personal injury claims will be limited to strict liability over negligence. Strict liability means that the defendant is responsible regardless of how careful they might have been to avoid harm. Product liability or animal injuries involving wild animals are considered to be strict liability personal injury claims.
Seeking Compensation for a Personal Injury Claim
When a Dekalb personal injury attorney such as Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. builds your case, he can determine a fair value of what your case is worth. This can be anywhere from thousands to millions of dollars. It is impossible to estimate your claim’s worth without knowing the specific details. A personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA provides might explain to you that with certain injury claims there are limits as to how much you can collect. This will be determined on a case by case basis. Very often the following damages will be sought in a personal injury case:
- Medical bills – Including past, current, and prospective treatments
- Lost wages – Due to the inability to work
- Pain and suffering – Including emotional, mental, and physical pain
- Wrongful death – Including medical costs, funeral expenses, lost companionship, lost financial support, etc.
A personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA can count on might also seek punitive damages and compensation for any property damage.
Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. is On YOUR Side
When you see a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA trusts for a complimentary and honest consultation, you will have the chance to discuss the incident and ask questions. All you need to do is call Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. to get started.
Count On Us
For confidential, trusted legal counsel, call Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. at (404) 373-7735; he is a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA counts on.