As a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA respects, The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch provides legal services to those who have been seriously injured by someone else’s negligence. If you sustained an injury that requires medical care, your expenses may be recoverable from the person responsible. With the help of a Dekalb County personal injury attorney from our firm, you may have legal recourse.
Our Legal Services
It’s a sad fact that in a given year, thousands of residents may be in need of a personal injury attorney in Dekalb County GA. The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch is a skilled and experienced lawyer who fights for the rights of those who have been injured through no fault of their own. He is licensed to practice personal injury law and can help you if you’ve been injured by someone acting negligently or who intentionally tried to hurt you. Here are some of the most common scenarios in which The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch can assist victims:
- Medical Malpractice: If a physician, surgeon, or other medical care provider or medical facility harmed you or a member of your family, a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA victims turn to from our firm may be able to negotiate a substantial settlement on your behalf.
- Consumer Fraud: Companies have a legal responsibility to ensure that their products are as advertised. If you feel you have been defrauded in some way, contact our office immediately.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Sadly, though families entrust the care of their loved ones to nursing homes with the belief they are doing what’s best for their elder, sometimes the elder is harmed. When an assisted living facility or their staff members harm a resident in any way, they should be held fully accountable. As a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA families trust, The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch may be able to help your family get justice.
- Product Liability: Companies are legally responsible for making sure that their products are safe for consumers to use. If you were harmed in some way by a product, it may be possible to file a claim or lawsuit against that company. With the help of a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA community members turn to in similar situations, it may be possible to file a claim or class action lawsuit against the negligent company.
- Wrongful Death: If you lost a family member in an avoidable accident or act of violence, you may be able to hold the at-fault party responsible. Though a settlement cannot reverse the terrible tragedy, it can cover your related medical bills and other costs. It can also send a message that such actions that took your loved one will not be tolerated.
Understanding Personal Injury Law
Personal injury law is complex and covers situations when a person’s body, mind, or mental/emotional wellbeing is hurt. When it comes to the law, this type of injury is considered the result of another party’s negligence, carelessness, or wrongdoing. Personal injury law also covers wrongful death claims or situations when an injury leads to a fatality.
When you file a claim with a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA has to offer, you are known as the plaintiff. The person or entity from whom you are petitioning for compensation for your injury is known as the defendant. The victim seeking monetary compensation is known as the plaintiff. This process of filing a claim for compensation is known as ‘recovery of damages’.
A personal injury attorney in Dekalb County GA may handle a broad range of personal injury claims. Some are much more common than others and include:
- Accidents involving a car, truck, bus, train, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian.
- Product liability including defective products and recalled goods.
- Animal injuries such as dog bites.
- Repetitive motion injury such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Injuries caused by exposure to hazardous materials or fumes.
- Premise liability from a slip and fall, trip and fall, etc.
- Medical malpractice.
- Reputation injury including defamation or harm to a person’s mental or emotional health.
There are many other kinds of personal injury claims. If you don’t see yours listed above, call a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA respects to confirm whether or not you have a valid claim.
Once a Claim is Established…
If you have a valid injury claim, a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA residents can rely on will have to prove negligence or wrongdoing by the defendant. Negligence happens when the defendant is unable to fulfill the legal duty of care. An attorney must be able to show that the defendant breached, or did not live up to that duty and thereby caused the injury. As a result, the plaintiff was harmed and suffered damages.
Certain personal injury claims will be limited to strict liability over negligence. Strict liability means that the defendant is responsible regardless of how careful they might have been to avoid harm. Product liability or animal injuries involving wild animals are considered to be strict liability personal injury claims.
Seeking Compensation for a Personal Injury Claim
Being injured in any accident may affect your entire life, including your occupation, financial standing, and relationships. Often, there is no amount of money that can make up for everything a victim has lost, and in many instances, he or she will feel physical pain for a very long time.
When a Dekalb personal injury attorney such as The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch builds your case, he can determine a fair value of what your case is worth. This can be anywhere from thousands to millions of dollars. It is impossible to estimate your claim’s worth without knowing the specific details. A personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA provides might explain to you that with certain injury claims there are limits as to how much you can collect. This will be determined on a case by case basis. Very often the following damages will be sought in a personal injury case:
- Medical bills – Including past, current, and prospective treatments
- Lost wages – Due to the inability to work
- Pain and suffering – Including emotional, mental, and physical pain
- Wrongful death – Including medical costs, funeral expenses, lost companionship, lost financial support, etc.
A personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA can count on might also seek punitive damages and compensation for any property damage.
Working With a Personal Injury Attorney Dekalb County GA
As a personal injury lawyer, we, at the law office of The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch are dedicated to helping victims and their loved ones recover monetary compensation after being injured due to negligence. Although we cannot reverse time, we may be able to assist in getting you enough compensation that enables you to feel financially secure while you recover.
If you have been injured by another person’s negligence or wrongdoing, our team will aggressively negotiate or litigate on your behalf. We understand that you might be in a position that does not allow you to pay for a personal injury lawyer. So as not to compound an already potentially stressful situation, we offer contingency fees to most clients. This means you don’t pay us anything unless we win.
For a consultation with a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA, please give our firm a call right now.
A Team You Can Count On
We know that when you are looking for a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA, you want an advocate you can rely on for sound advice, honest opinions, and thorough support. Rest assured we can offer you:
- A legal team who cares about you
- Honest, unbiased advice and guidance
- A willingness to defend your rights to the best of our ability
- Confidence in knowing we’ve recovered millions for clients
- Dedicated time and attention to your case
- Reassurance in that we will seek maximum damages
If this sounds like the kind of personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA you want, we encourage you to give our firm a call to explore your legal rights and options.
Statute of Limitations
With personal injury claims, there are strict limits to filing a claim. If you fail to do so within the statute of limitations, you will likely lose your right to recover damages – forever. All states have their own statutes which can be between 1 and 6 years or more. The average time is two years from the date of the accident; however, there could be factors which change this deadline. If a government entity was involved, the statute will be significantly less.
When accidents occur it is imperative that you contact a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA residents have long trusted. Accidents appear frequently, and, unfortunately, can end in physical or emotional injury that are not their fault. At The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch, we are there to help provide valuable counsel to those that have been hurt by others.
A Lawyer Can Help You
After an injury you deserve proper compensation for the medical bills and lost wages. If you are contemplating handling the insurance claim on your own you may find it to be tedious, difficult and unable to receive the compensation you believe you deserve. That is why it may be in your best interest to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA provides. Our attorneys at The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch can work diligently to help you gain the compensation you deserve and handle the legal aspects while you take the needed time to heal.
Common Personal Injury Cases
A personal injury attorney in Dekalb County GA may explain that individuals are capable of compensation when another individual showed negligence or intentionally acted to cause harm. There are several different types of cases, and a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA has to offer may suggest that common types of injury cases may include:
Slip and Falls: Property owners are legally responsible for keeping their facility safe and as hazardous free as possible. The responsibilities of a landowner can vary from state to state. An experienced personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA trusts may help you receive compensation with their up-to-date knowledge of the law.
Car Accidents: If you have been the victim of a car accident that was not your fault, than they may be held liable for your injuries. If the other driver was distracted, not following the rules of the road, or was acting in a negligent manner then they should be held liable for your losses and injuries.
Medical Malpractice: If a doctor or healthcare professional has failed to perform their medical duties effectively, the patient may be eligible to file for medical malpractice. A qualified Dekalb County personal injury attorney can handle the complex medical cases and help you recover proper compensation.
Assault and Battery: Normally, these charges are found in criminal cases and the victim may be able to demand compensation for their injuries.
Dog Bites: If you were bitten by another person’s dog, you may want to seek the help of an experienced lawyer to receive compensation for the injuries.
Getting The Help You Deserve
If you were hurt because of someone else’s mistakes, it may result in personal distress, both physically and financially. The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch, is here to help in your time of need. If you suffered from an accident that was not your fault, a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA residents trust may be able to provide helpful services to get your life back on track, so call today at (404) 373-77335.
The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch is On YOUR Side
When you see a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA trusts for a complimentary and honest consultation, you will have the chance to discuss the incident and ask questions. All you need to do is call The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch to get started.
Count On Us
For confidential, trusted legal counsel, call The Law Offices Of Andrew Lynch at (404) 373-7735; he is a personal injury attorney Dekalb County GA counts on.